You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-29 15:16:16

kox

Broadcom BCM4352, broadcom-wl - slow internet

I just installed Arch Linux on Dell XPS 9350. The wireless adapter is Broadcom BCM4352

I managed to get the wireless working with broadcom-wl package (and pressing the wireless key), but after a few hours I have noticed I have way worse problem than no internet - slow internet, which is unusable. I have no idea what might be the cause, but on my another laptop it worked good all the time.

The speed was fine when downloading something, but not when browsing websites. It's as if it needed time to speed up. On my phone speedtest shown 20mb/s immediately. On this Arch I got 2mb/s with the page barely loading. Then it sped up to 15mb/s

For the last month I used Ubuntu on the laptop, which as painful as it was - the wifi worked out of the box, so the hardware is ok.

The old modules like b43 aren't loaded. Though the wl driver doesn't load lib80211 automatically. Could that be the issue? Do you have any idea how could I start troubleshooting it? Thanks!

This is a bare install with just xserver and i3

Edit: loading lib80211 and lib80211_crypt_tkip has no effect. Also I'm using netctl/wifi-menu

Last edited by kox (2019-01-29 15:37:22)

Board footer