You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-23 11:45:00

buttros

Gnome Settings and Tweaks GUIs broken

My Gnome Settings and Gnome-Tweaks applications are broken. Whenever I start the applications after a few clicks they become unresponsive and afterward they turn black.
I logged in as a new user but the problem remains. I installed an lts kernel just in case my system was unstable but the problem remains. My Gnome Shell version is 3.30.2.
Anyone else encountered this problem before?
Mind you, I'm on a Virtualbox virtual machine and the version of Virtualbox is 5.22. My host is Mac OS with intel core i5.
The VM configuration is Memory 2G, 3D Acceleration is off, but I tried with 3D acceleration on and the problem remains. Disk space is 20G with a swap particion of 2G.

Last edited by buttros (2019-01-23 12:38:23)

European Liberal, Techie, Jazz Fan, Animal Lover, Trivia and Quotation Junkie...

#2 2019-01-27 00:52:27

larryac

Re: Gnome Settings and Tweaks GUIs broken

Thank you for posting!  I've been having this problem as well.  I tried a new installation --- about 3 or 4 times.  Nothing works for me.  I tried a fresh installation without installing nVidia, and that doesn't work either.    When I installed xorg and gnome, I installed all packages, and that doesn't work either.  I'm at a loss!  Running HP Workstation SSD, 16GM mem, and Quatro K600 graphic card.  Tried both nvidia-390xx and nvidia-390xx-lts.  Nothing works as before.  Not sure what happened.

#3 2019-01-31 12:45:25

buttros

Re: Gnome Settings and Tweaks GUIs broken

From what I found out, it is a problem with libraries. Try installing the numix for arch linux themes and icons and their libraries. That did it for me, although in xfce which I installed alongside Gnome.

European Liberal, Techie, Jazz Fan, Animal Lover, Trivia and Quotation Junkie...

Board footer