You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-12 20:23:36

ABOhiccups

Approval? - fusion-icon-autostart

Hello,
This is my first time published AUR Package.

I just need your approval to with me know if I'm good to go before I can start sharing my work to everyone.

The name of this AUR Package is fusion-icon-autostart

This package creates a autostart for fusion-icon with a script file to delay fusion-icon for 20 seconds after login.

The reason why I create this. Even you did create autostart for fusion-icon by yourself. It creates problems for the first time login after turn the computer on, due to other programs are also starting up at the same time.

So, I create a script to delay fusion-icon from starting up. So, it won't have the same issue for the first time login.

#2 2019-02-12 20:34:29

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: Approval? - fusion-icon-autostart

codebase wrote:
#! /bin/sh
sleep 20s
fusion-icon

An AUR package for that? Really?

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#3 2019-02-12 20:43:42

loqs

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/fusi … -autostart

ABOhiccups wrote:

Just for heads up. If you're going to remove fusion-icon-autostart. Pacman does not remove it for you. You have to remove it manually.

sudo cp autostart /usr/share/compiz/
	cp fusion-icon.desktop ~/.config/autostart/

pacman can not remove files it did not install.
Edit:

sudo cp autostart /usr/share/compiz/

Do not use sudo in a PKGBUILD.
install is preferred to cp for installing files.
Do not install directly to the host filesystem.

cp fusion-icon.desktop ~/.config/autostart/

Same points as above plus do not use ~ in a PKGBUILD.
Edit2:

license=('Autostart')

PKGBUILD#license

depends=('fusion-icon')

Does fusion-icon have coreutils as a transitive dependency to provide sleep?

checkdepends=()
optdepends=()
install=
changelog=

Arch_package_guidelines#Package_etiquette covers empty entries

Last edited by loqs (2019-02-13 00:07:20)

#4 2019-02-13 00:50:39

ABOhiccups

Does anyone know how to make a install file to copy 2 files into different directories? So, in the future. If people wants to remove fusion-icon-autustart. Pacman will remove it without do it manually.

Does "depends=" mean required a package? I want to make fusion-icon required for fusion-icon-autostart to be install. It does not make scenes to install fusion-icon-autostart without fusion-icon. All it does it opens fusion-icon automatically after 20 seconds delay after login.

How do I get a file copied to "/home/<USERNAME>/.config/autostart/" without using "~/" in PKGBUILD?

Thank you for feedback.

Last edited by ABOhiccups (2019-02-13 00:53:12)

#5 2019-02-13 01:00:06

loqs

ABOhiccups wrote:

Does anyone know how to make a install file to copy 2 files into different directories? So, in the future. If people wants to remove fusion-icon-autustart. Pacman will remove it without do it manually.

Please read my previous response.  The PKGBUILD does not install anything under $pkg it installs its contents directly into the host filesystem.
Your dangerous PKGBUILD creates an empty package.  Did you check the contents of the package you created before uploading the PKGBUILD?

ABOhiccups wrote:

Does "depends=" mean required a package? I want to make fusion-icon required for fusion-icon-autostart to be install. It does not make scenes for to install fusion-icon-autostart without fusion-icon. All it does it opens fusion-icon automatically after 20 seconds delay after login.

Yes so having it depend on fusion-icon would be correct but what is providing the dependency on coreutils or what is providing sleep that your .desktop file uses?

ABOhiccups wrote:

How do I get a file copied to "/home/<USERNAME>/.config/autostart/" without using "~/" in PKGBUILD?

You do not install contents into a users home directory.

#6 2019-02-13 01:28:53

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Please don't take this the wrong way, but this just should not exist, at all.

Even if there was a reason to delay this 20s (which I highly doubt), you are already calling bash from the Exec line of the desktop file (currently for no reason) so just use that:

Exec=/bin/sh -c "sleep 20; fusion-icon"

And this should not be packaged, but could be listed in a wiki page somewhere as a line someone can add to their own desktop file if they need it.

Last edited by Trilby (2019-02-13 01:29:13)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#7 2019-02-13 03:48:58

ABOhiccups

Trilby wrote:

Please don't take this the wrong way, but this just should not exist, at all.

Even if there was a reason to delay this 20s (which I highly doubt), you are already calling bash from the Exec line of the desktop file (currently for no reason) so just use that:

Exec=/bin/sh -c "sleep 20; fusion-icon"

And this should not be packaged, but could be listed in a wiki page somewhere as a line someone can add to their own desktop file if they need it.

Command not found.

UPDATE: Mystery solved! The command line that should work for autostart with more then 2 commands together was...

/bin/bash -c "sleep 20; fusion-icon"

Can you delete this AUR page? There's no reason to have this page anymore, sense this solution was solved.

Last edited by ABOhiccups (2019-02-13 04:04:29)

#8 2019-02-13 04:05:16

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

How can you not have /bin/sh, it is owned by bash on an arch system (and is normally a symlink to bash).

Last edited by Trilby (2019-02-13 04:05:45)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#9 2019-02-13 04:12:18

CarbonChauvinist
Website

Suspect the command not found was due to use of Exec instead of exec.

Last edited by CarbonChauvinist (2019-02-13 04:12:40)

"the wind-blown way, wanna win? don't play"

#10 2019-02-13 04:13:07

ABOhiccups

Trilby wrote:

How can you not have /bin/sh, it is owned by bash on an arch system (and is normally a symlink to bash).

Yes, "/bin/sh" works too. Just without "Exec=".

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by ABOhiccups (2019-02-13 04:13:27)

#11 2019-02-13 04:16:03

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

If it's a .desktop file, that needs to be in an Exec= line.

Board footer