You are not logged in.

#1 2006-07-27 02:35:34

aquila_deus
Member
From: Taipei
Registered: 2005-07-02
Posts: 348
Website

gtk2 2.10.1 SCREW UP ALL THEMES!!!

the error message I got:

/usr/share/themes/GT4_white/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:43: error: invalid identifier `xthickness', expected valid identifier

All other themes give the same "invalid identifier" error


damn all gnome and gtk crap!

Offline

#2 2006-07-27 05:10:19

aquila_deus
Member
From: Taipei
Registered: 2005-07-02
Posts: 348
Website

Re: gtk2 2.10.1 SCREW UP ALL THEMES!!!

confirmed it's only for themes that use the pixmap engine... but replacing it with older version doesn't help  :cry:

Offline

#3 2006-07-27 05:31:03

inf
Member
From: Vantaa, Finland
Registered: 2006-07-18
Posts: 102
Website

Re: gtk2 2.10.1 SCREW UP ALL THEMES!!!

aquila_deus wrote:

the error message I got:

/usr/share/themes/GT4_white/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:43: error: invalid identifier `xthickness', expected valid identifier

All other themes give the same "invalid identifier" error


damn all gnome and gtk crap!

gtk 2.10 isn't stable or hasn't been released so it's not a suprise it doesn't work right.

Offline

#4 2006-07-27 06:29:27

JGC
Developer
Registered: 2003-12-03
Posts: 1,660

Re: gtk2 2.10.1 SCREW UP ALL THEMES!!!

The themes that come with the gnome-themes package work fine with the pixmap engine from gtk 2.10. I guess there's some bug in the theme that hasn't been triggered before in older GTK releases.

Could you post the section from the gtkrc file where the xthickness option is used?

Offline

#5 2006-07-27 07:17:27

user
Member
Registered: 2006-03-29
Posts: 465

Re: gtk2 2.10.1 SCREW UP ALL THEMES!!!

inf wrote:

gtk 2.10 isn't stable or hasn't been released so it's not a suprise it doesn't work right.

That's right, so wait till gnome-2.16(gtk~ glib% atk# pango@ cairo stabilizing combination)


I removed my sig, cause i select the flag, the flag often the target of enemy.

SAR brain-tumor
[img]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/460/cellphonethumb0ff.jpg[/img]

Offline

#6 2006-07-27 16:21:05

aquila_deus
Member
From: Taipei
Registered: 2005-07-02
Posts: 348
Website

Re: gtk2 2.10.1 SCREW UP ALL THEMES!!!

JGC wrote:

The themes that come with the gnome-themes package work fine with the pixmap engine from gtk 2.10. I guess there's some bug in the theme that hasn't been triggered before in older GTK releases.

Could you post the section from the gtkrc file where the xthickness option is used?

OK it's before the gtkrc declares to use the pixmap engine:

...
...
style "default"
{
  ...
  ...
  GtkStatusbar::shadow_type = GTK_SHADOW_NONE
  GtkSpinButton::shadow_type = GTK_SHADOW_NONE

  xthickness                            = 3
  ...
}

The following lines, which give the same error after I comment out xthickness, are:

  ythickness                            = 2
  fg[NORMAL]       = "#002040"
  fg[ACTIVE]       = "#002040"
  fg[PRELIGHT]     = "#002040"
  fg[SELECTED]     = "#002040"
  ...

Offline

#7 2006-07-27 16:30:57

aquila_deus
Member
From: Taipei
Registered: 2005-07-02
Posts: 348
Website

Re: gtk2 2.10.1 SCREW UP ALL THEMES!!!

I found the problem - it's caused by the

GtkStatusbar::shadow_type = GTK_SHADOW_NONE
GtkSpinButton::shadow_type = GTK_SHADOW_NONE

Obviously gtk 2.10.1 can't recognize GTK_SHADOW_* (which exist in includes). I replaced GTK_SHADOW_NONE with 0 and now it works smile

Offline

#8 2006-08-03 21:49:45

synthead
Member
From: Seattle
Registered: 2006-05-09
Posts: 1,326

Re: gtk2 2.10.1 SCREW UP ALL THEMES!!!

I like how many views this thread got from the title, haha.  Glad you got it fixed smile


Touch my kernel

Offline

#9 2006-08-03 22:14:25

Gullible Jones
Member
Registered: 2004-12-29
Posts: 4,863

Re: gtk2 2.10.1 SCREW UP ALL THEMES!!!

inf wrote:
aquila_deus wrote:

the error message I got:

/usr/share/themes/GT4_white/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:43: error: invalid identifier `xthickness', expected valid identifier

All other themes give the same "invalid identifier" error


damn all gnome and gtk crap!

gtk 2.10 isn't stable or hasn't been released so it's not a suprise it doesn't work right.

It is stable and has been released. It also breaks compatibility slightly.

Offline

#10 2006-08-05 10:09:53

subatomic
Member
From: Berlin
Registered: 2005-06-26
Posts: 180

Re: gtk2 2.10.1 SCREW UP ALL THEMES!!!

I knew someone here would have an answer : thanks!

Offline

#11 2006-08-05 17:19:49

rab
Member
Registered: 2006-06-15
Posts: 185

Re: gtk2 2.10.1 SCREW UP ALL THEMES!!!

omg, thank you. I've had this problem with all of lokheeds themes <3


rawr

Offline

#12 2006-08-07 17:24:43

subatomic
Member
From: Berlin
Registered: 2005-06-26
Posts: 180

Re: gtk2 2.10.1 SCREW UP ALL THEMES!!!

oh, oh - we're not finished yet...

just put the same theme onto my other linux box and got this one:

/usr/share/themes/Black/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:1465: error: invalid string constant "scrollbar", expected valid string constant

1465 class "GtkScrollbar"           style "scrollbar"

now I've got an invisible scrollbar

Offline

#13 2006-08-07 18:11:40

rab
Member
Registered: 2006-06-15
Posts: 185

Re: gtk2 2.10.1 SCREW UP ALL THEMES!!!

god, i got one too >.>

/home/rab/.themes/graphite-clearlooks/gtk-2.0/gtkrc:52: error: unexpected identifier `scrollbar_color', expected character `}'

line 52:scrollbar_color   		= "#acacac"

[/code]


rawr

Offline

#14 2006-08-07 20:31:24

balzac
Member
Registered: 2006-07-31
Posts: 10

Re: gtk2 2.10.1 SCREW UP ALL THEMES!!!

All themes are still broken on my box, except clearlooks and some "old-school" ones. I guess the themers need to rewrite quite a bit of the theme-codes.


Behind every great fortune lies a great crime.

Offline

#15 2006-08-07 21:38:24

Gullible Jones
Member
Registered: 2004-12-29
Posts: 4,863

Re: gtk2 2.10.1 SCREW UP ALL THEMES!!!

Everything here works fine except for Industrial, which is solvable easily enough.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB