You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-12 00:34:44

grufo

[SOLVED] gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons official releases

Hi all!

I am the maintainer of gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons on AUR. Currently the package is a git package. However an official release exists, therefore I was thinking of renaming the current package as gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons-git, and use the current name for the official releases only.

However there is a problem. For some unknown reason the git package works fine, while the PKGBUILD I am creating for the official releases does not (I am able to install it, but no icon appears on my desktop).

The PKGBUILD of the current git package (the one that works) can be found on AUR, while the PKGBUILD that I am testing for the official releases (the one that doesn't work) is the following:

# Maintainer: grufo <madmurphy333 AT gmail DOT com>

_extname='desktop-icons'
_author='csoriano'
_uuid="${_extname}@${_author}"
pkgname="gnome-shell-extension-${_extname}"
pkgver='13'
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc='Add icons to the desktop'
arch=('x86_64' 'i686')
url="https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/1465/${_extname}/"
license=('GPL3')
depends=('gnome-shell')
options=('!strip')
source=("https://extensions.gnome.org/extension-data/${_extname}${_author}.v${pkgver}.shell-extension.zip")
sha256sums=('f127aeb291e21c2f68f9b9735290da7b7baf0ceea140ad0a5fea24e744727d50')
noextract=("${_extname}${_author}.v${pkgver}.shell-extension.zip")

prepare() {

cd "${srcdir}"

unzip -d "${_extname}" -a "${_extname}${_author}.v${pkgver}.shell-extension.zip"

}

package() {

cd "${srcdir}/${_extname}"

install -dm755 "${pkgdir}/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/${_uuid}"
	cp -r "${srcdir}/${_extname}"/* "${pkgdir}/usr/share/gnome-shell/extensions/${_uuid}"

}

Any idea what is wrong with it?

--grufo

Last edited by grufo (2019-03-12 01:09:36)

#2 2019-03-12 01:09:18

grufo

Re: [SOLVED] gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons official releases

Ok, I solved. I have been able to redirect the current package on AUR to the official releases of the desktop-icons shell extension.

I have also created a new package for the git releases (gnome-shell-extension-desktop-icons-git).

--grufo

Last edited by grufo (2019-03-12 01:10:37)

Board footer