You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-18 18:02:42

kazimir

kmail "ghost" emails, unable to fetch item from backend invalid item

Hello everyone,

I've encountered a weird kmail behavior, first thing I noticed was kmail silently crashing on me on start.

I stopped and restarted akonadi, then ran

akonadictl fsck && akonadictl vacuum

once this process finished I reopened kmail and found out I had a case of the duplicated mails for the most recent ones, so I went to the folder menu and ran the 'remove duplicate messages' which work in some folders but had no effect in a few others.

I selected one of those duplicates intending to manually delete it, but instead of having the email content being displayed kmail shows the "retrieving folder contents. please wait" page. Status bar says:

Unable to fetch item from backend (collection -1) : Unable to retrieve item from resource: Invalid item retrieved

I launched akonadi console and looked at the folder from there and the problematic messages do not show up there, which is why I label them as ghosts.
They are marked unread and refuse to be deleted or be marked read. After I click one, kmail will be have issue opening any email I select, either it will fail completely or eventually open it after a while.

I restarted akonadi and ran fsck and vacuum again, I've uploaded the output to framabin:
https://framabin.org/p/?ba35126c23696b2 … WCM9UkniU=

I've searched the web and forums and found several people experiencing similar problems in the past but no solution has been posted.
I have reached the extent of my knowledge about how to deal with kmail hiccups, could someone please help me or point me to something I could do to remove those ghost emails.

Board footer