You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-02 10:28:44

surrealistic

Plasma Shortucts are not working properly

Hi!

I just reinstalled Arch Linux on my laptop and I'm trying to configure some shortcuts but I've found a couple of "weird" behaviors.

https://i.imgur.com/PHVAd1D.png

I have defined that shortcut to run Dolphin but after applying the shortcut it doesn't work.

https://i.imgur.com/JONdwVC.png

When I deploy an action to edit the shortcut the setting's display is missing and I have to maximize the window to make it visible.

Another weird behavior I've noticed is that when I'm using the web browser I can use  Alt+[number] to switch between the opened tabs but the fourth one. If I use Alt+4 to switch to the fourth tab it doesn't work unless I go to shortcuts settings to apply alt+4 to any shortcut -except Dolphin, I don't know why it's not working with Dolphin shortcut- and remove Alt+4 for that action again making Alt+4 work on the browser. I can use Alt+4 in Gnome and I remember that I could use it in Plasma as well some time ago.

Has anyone experienced these behaviors in plasma? Does anyone know why it may be happening?

Thank you!

<modedit>Please read our forum policy, in particular the part about posting images. Post thumbnails in the future. /Xyne</modedit>

Last edited by Xyne (2019-03-02 12:00:35)

#2 2019-03-02 14:18:14

GrimBandito

Re: Plasma Shortucts are not working properly

I've noticed a few peculiarities with shortcuts on the plasma desktop.

If I put a few files onto the desktop the shortcuts to them flicker and dissappear and reappear when moused over.

I also get a similar behaviour with the logout option, with the logout, reboot, shutdown buttons flickering.

This behaviour is quite recent and down to a recent update. Btw I am using intel graphics driver which could be the source of my flickering.

#3 2019-03-28 17:51:04

luser

Re: Plasma Shortucts are not working properly

I've noticed during the last few days or perhaps a week that the desktop files on my desktop do not work right after loading the system.  Running

killall plasmashell && kstart5 plasmashell

fixes the problem, but until then, they are as dead as Monty Python's parrot.

luser: an epithet applied by Windows users to linux users

Board footer