You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
So I installed this Linux on my chromebook with this intel baytrail processor. I get no audio. Is there a fix other than USB to Jack adapter. I even installed the byt 98090 kernel as wiki suggested but nothing. I know sound works on chrome os i even have recovery of that so if I can maybe extract something from it. Thnx for any help.
Offline
Have you tried https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ucm_plbossart-git/?
Offline
After installing suggested aur package my gui (xfce) properly displays speakers, it even detects if I have headphones plugged in but still produces no audio. Do I have to unmute something in alsamixer?
Last edited by moroszyn (2019-03-31 18:44:48)
Offline
So I was playing with some desktop environments and than I found this during Pacman install:
WARNING: possibly missing firmware for module wd719xsame message for module aic94xx
Offline
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: aic94xx
==> WARNING: Possibly missing firmware for module: wd719x This is expected see Mkinitcpio#Possibly_missing_firmware_for_module_XXXX
Offline
After installing suggested aur package my gui (xfce) properly displays speakers, it even detects if I have headphones plugged in but still produces no audio. Do I have to unmute something in alsamixer?
Are you using pulseaudio too? You need to set the Configuration tab in pavucontrol to Stereo output, which takes care of the dummy device that doesn't do anything.
Good news regarding this audio issue, a permanent fix should be in linux-next here very soon if it isn't already, on it's way to mainline. Otherwise, if you are using a Toshiba Chromebook II (Swanky), take a look at my GitHub repo for a custom, minimal kernel with audio patches for it: https://github.com/JSkier21/linux-max98090
--
JSkier
Offline
I don't have dummy output in sound settings, the only audio device is 'Speakers-Build-in-Audio'. Linux kernel is 5.0.5-arch1-1-ARCH. Chromebook codename is Glimmer.
Offline
I don't have dummy output in sound settings, the only audio device is 'Speakers-Build-in-Audio'. Linux kernel is 5.0.5-arch1-1-ARCH. Chromebook codename is Glimmer.
Not sure if my repo would help, may break things. Feel free to try it though.
I heard from another Arch user that 5.1 should have the fix put in by then. Hopefully that will work for you.
--
JSkier
Offline
Thanks, I will wait for 5.1 and update this thread than.
Offline
So I have this kernel:
5.1.4-arch1-1-ARCH and still no sound only 'dummy output'.
Last edited by moroszyn (2019-05-25 02:41:40)
Offline
So I just solved this problem for myself, and what it required was:
1. Run "alsamixer" in terminal.
2. Use F6 to select "chtmax98090" as the sound card.
3. Cycle through with the arrow keys until you find "Left Speaker Mixer Left DAC", "Left Speaker Mixer Right DAC", "Right Speaker Mixer Left DAC", and "Right Speaker Mixer Right DAC".
4. Unmute each by pressing m.
After that my speakers showed up as built in audio, and worked just as expected. Hope this helps.
Offline
Pages: 1