You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-18 21:21:21

Vlad3

Firefox freezes under Gnome-Shell

Firefox freezes when loading some web pages (about 1 in 5 times) and I have to press the Super Key to go to Gnome Overview and then return to Firefox for it to refresh and work.
No problems with other GTK apps, unfortunately journalctl gives no useful information.

Firefox Quantum: 66.03
Gnome-Shell: 3.32.1 - Wayland
Arch newly updated.

Still, here are the recent Journal entries for Firefox - the freezes do not appear (latest timestamps are minutes older, freezes happen all the time).

firefox.desktop[975]: [Parent 23495, Gecko_IOThread] WARNING: pipe error (135): Connection reset by peer: file /build/firefox/src/mozilla-unified/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_channel_posix.cc, line 357
 firefox.desktop[975]: [Parent 23495, Gecko_IOThread] WARNING: pipe error: Broken pipe: file /build/firefox/src/mozilla-unified/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_channel_posix.cc, line 726
 firefox.desktop[975]: [Child 23922, MediaPlayback #13] WARNING: Decoder=7f2738f3d000 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::SamplesPromise> mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox/src/mozilla-unified/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331 

Later edit: the freezes manifest when I change, open or close a tab. Displaying the tab-change is what lags / freezes - not the action itself. Because if Firefox freezes, if I do Super to Overview and then Super back to Firefox (fast), the tab changed / opened / closed. It's just Firefox displaying the change that freezes (under Wayland).

Any ideas?

Last edited by Vlad3 (2019-04-21 13:31:45)

Board footer