You are not logged in.

#1 2004-03-14 11:22:22

ActionNews
Website

Kernel 2.6.4 -> compiled -> "Invalid Module forma

Hello!

I installed Kernel 2.6.4 with pacman,   "generate-modprobe.conf  >/etc/modprobe.conf" and inserted "none   /dev/pts   devpts   defaults   0   0" in /etc/fstab.

Then i tried to install Nvidia drivers, but there were no sources in /usr/src/linux-2.6.4 so i downloaded Kernel 2.6.4 soureces from www.kernel.org , untared it -> "make oldconfig", changed optimization from Pentium Pro to Athlon and activated some things for CAPI2.0.
after compilation and installing new Kernel i get an errormessage with a lot of Modules beeing loaded during boot: It says: "Invalid Module format" sad!

What did i do wrong?

CU ActionNews

[URL=http://www.nethands.de/athlon/show.php3?user=actionnews]My System[/URL] - one click ahead!

#2 2004-03-14 12:09:19

Mr Green
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Kernel 2.6.4 -> compiled -> "Invalid Module forma

Try t compile via ABS...it is the onl;y way Nvidia drivers work for me

Mr Green

#3 2004-03-14 18:53:53

ActionNews
Website

Re: Kernel 2.6.4 -> compiled -> "Invalid Module forma

Hmm...perhaps GRUB starts the wrong System.map ? Cause i copied /usr/src/linux-2.6.4/System.map to /boot/System.map26 (i think as "pacman -S kernel26" did)! Do i have to say Grub or the Kernel to use this special System.map?

One improvement: The error message "Invalid Module format" at boot  doesn't appear anymore. Don't know why, but it's gone.
BUT.... Nvidia drivers compile correctly, but when i want to start KDE with startx, X-Server fails with loading the Nvidia kernel module and i'm back at console again sad.

CU ActionNews

[URL=http://www.nethands.de/athlon/show.php3?user=actionnews]My System[/URL] - one click ahead!

Board footer