You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-11 14:02:37

mslms

Linksys WPC54G

In great hope I installed Arch Linux today. To my horror my wireless network card, a Linksys WPC54G v3, does not work. I know from earlier experiences that it should work under Linux if I use ndiswrapper. But now it just doesn't. So do you know what's needed to get it to work with Arch Linux?

It is worth mentioning that the card is not listed under lspci and does not show up on iwconfig and ndiswrapper -l only says that the driver is installed but nothing at all about the hardware being present.

I use Arch Linux 0.7.1 (yeah I know, it's "old". I just don't have 0.7.2 on a cd) with the 2.6* kerneln that is included.

If you need any more info just tell me!

Thanks!

#2 2006-08-11 14:27:44

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Re: Linksys WPC54G

Are you sure you installed the appropriate driver? I have two ndiswrapper cards which can be odd if you don't have the *exact* driver.
i.e. If I download the exact same driver from somewhere random, it fails, but downloading it from HP and using that one works fine (it's an HP laptop).  It's a silly window's driver thing.... /me shrugs

#3 2006-08-11 14:40:51

mslms

I use the driver that came with the card, in other words the driver that's on the installation cd. This has worked for me earlier so it feels like it has got to be the right one but I can give it a try to download the latest driver from Linksys homepage and use that.

**edit**

I tried the latest driver from Linksys homepage with the same results.

#4 2006-08-12 14:56:14

postlogic
Website

I'd be interested in seeing how this works out myself, as I have been having trouble getting this to work myself.

#5 2006-08-12 16:50:52

mslms

Well, now I've tried a lot of things. Going trough the kernel a couple of times, updating packages that are related to pcmcia, getting a new pci.ids, going trough logs and dmesg and so on. But all without any results. It just doesn't seem like the card want's to work with Arch Linux.

I've also tried to look trough Ubuntu if I could find anything special there that makes the card work but also that without any results.

Board footer