You are not logged in.

#1 2004-03-14 13:14:28

Shemeta

weird concole output!

Hi folks,

when i try to make some packages, i get this warning & i have no clue what it means & if it effects the building & installing process. here is part of what i get:

/usr/share/aclocal/xml-i18n-tools.m4:32: warning: underquoted definition of X18T_XML_KIND
/usr/share/aclocal/xml-i18n-tools.m4:34: warning: underquoted definition of X18T_KEYS_KIND
/usr/share/aclocal/xml-i18n-tools.m4:135: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PROG_XML_I18N_TOOLS
/usr/share/aclocal/wxwin.m4:36: warning: underquoted definition of AM_OPTIONS_WXCONFIG
/usr/share/aclocal/wxwin.m4:59: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_WXCONFIG
/usr/share/aclocal/vorbis.m4:9: warning: underquoted definition of XIPH_PATH_VORBIS
/usr/share/aclocal/sdlmm.m4:12: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_SDLMM/usr/share/aclocal/rep.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_REP
/usr/share/aclocal/pkg.m4:5: warning: underquoted definition of PKG_CHECK_MODULES
/usr/share/aclocal/parted.m4:16: warning: underquoted definition of PARTED_CHECK_LIBPARTED
/usr/share/aclocal/ogg.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of XIPH_PATH_OGG
/usr/share/aclocal/linc.m4:1: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_LINC
/usr/share/aclocal/libxslt.m4:14: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_XSLT

& that's just part of it, the list is kinda long. is it dangerous & how can i fix that?

thanks for the help , Shemeta

#2 2004-03-15 07:36:39

sarah31
Website

Re: weird concole output!

well it is not that critical it is just a warning and unless you notice some functionality issues then i would not worry about it too much. it would appear that likely the source is not quite up to date with the current coding standards (or maybe one of the arch packages is a bit out of date)

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

Board footer