You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-27 12:13:52

OOFscr

xfce4 terminal and dialogs: parts of text randomly turn invisible

Hi all,

i have a very strange issue on my new Huawei Matebook D w00d (Ryzen 2500u, Radeon Vega 8 Raven Ridge). Sometimes while typing or executing commands in the xfce4-terminal, parts of the output or the typed characters turn invisible. They reappear within the next few keystrokes, but until then, the typed text is invisible, too. The cursor moves though. Also, text in system dialogs sometimes disappears. When i un-focus the window with the broken text, it magically appears.

It is definitely related to amdgpu or glamor, because when I disable 2D acceleration with "Accel" "false" or "AccelMethod" "none" thus forcing software rendering, the issue is gone. There are no warnings or errors in Xorg.0.log.

I searched for several days now without finding anything on this issue. Today, I found a setting which prevents this problem from occuring: In Settings Manager > Appearance > Fonts > DPI > Custom DPI, i disabled the custom DPI setting (which was set to 96). Funny thing is, xdpyinfo also gives me a DPI of 96x96. But with disabling Custom DPI, the issue seems gone.

Edit: I just realized that it wasn't the DPI setting which helped, but setting the sub-pixel color order in Settings Manager > Appearance > Fonts. When I set this to anything else but none, the issue is gone. So I can reproduce this now.

Any ideas on how to track this bug down any further?

Best regards!

Last edited by OOFscr (2019-03-27 17:51:02)

#2 2019-05-12 23:25:52

diegoviola

Re: xfce4 terminal and dialogs: parts of text randomly turn invisible

Deleted.

Last edited by diegoviola (2023-04-17 14:57:25)

Board footer