You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-18 02:54:32

tb0n3

There appears to be a problem with the latest Nvidia Geforce drivers.

Just as a note for Nvidia users, I could not get any graphics to work with the latest GeForce drivers 430.14. After many attempts to fix it (I am not a guru), I ended up uninstalling the nvidia-dkms package with pacman and installed the previous driver 418.74. This has fixed it for me. If you have any experience that is contrary to this, or something I may have missed I would greatly appreciate the input.

#2 2019-05-19 22:04:48

MattStedman

Re: There appears to be a problem with the latest Nvidia Geforce drivers.

I am running them 99% OK. Both my desktop and Optimus based laptop boot OK until I login using lightdm - my xfce desktop is blank until I swap in and out of X using ctrl-1->ctrl-7. After that everything works OK until I reboot again.

edit: The Optimus laptop has just started work as expected - no more blank screen on both a warm and cold boot. I will check the desktop machine again when I get home.

Last edited by MattStedman (2019-05-20 00:32:56)

#3 2019-05-19 23:13:57

elvisvinicius
Website

tb0n3 wrote:

Just as a note for Nvidia users, I could not get any graphics to work with the latest GeForce drivers 430.14. After many attempts to fix it (I am not a guru), I ended up uninstalling the nvidia-dkms package with pacman and installed the previous driver 418.74. This has fixed it for me. If you have any experience that is contrary to this, or something I may have missed I would greatly appreciate the input.

No problem here with dkms package.

After update:

sudo mkinitcpio -P && sudo grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg

“Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication”
- Leonardo da Vinci

#4 2019-06-21 19:17:51

kalmuneiu

hi,
may I ask how this is showing in your system? I got a problem and I think it be nvidia driver too(might be kernel thoug) when I use a kernel above 5.0.10 and after nvidia 418 my boot process is stuck at loading ramdisk. It just freezes wihtout any log messages or output on screen. So I wonder if we have similar problem.
regards Kalmuneiu

Board footer