You are not logged in.

#326 2019-05-23 14:46:50

Vash63

Re: aurutils - helper tools for the aur

I'm using aurutils-git right now at the latest master (updated from a build a month or so ago) and I'm not sure if I'm using --ignore correctly as it doesn't seem to be working. I've tried creating a plaintext file at ~/.config/aurutils/sync/ignore that has just 'ttf-ms-win10' in it, yet when I run 'aur sync -u' it still finds and tries to update this package. Same results with 'aur sync -u --ignore="ttf-ms-win10"'

#327 2019-05-23 15:23:30

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

Does it actually list the package in vifm, and try to build it?

Last edited by Alad (2019-05-23 15:26:40)

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby

#328 2019-05-23 16:24:35

Vash63

Ah, it does not. I was thinking it wouldn't show up on the list of updates at all, my mistake.

#329 2019-06-04 15:36:10

throwaway1873

I'm really sorry if this is a dumb question but I've tried searching for this everywhere but couldn't find a suitable answer.

How do you get a diff view of the PKGBUILD upon updating a package with all the added/changed/removed lines highlighted in aurutils like you used to get in pacaur?

Everywhere I've searched seems to suggest that aurutils gives a diff view by default in vifm but I only get this instead:

https://imgur.com/KRiqCE8.jpg

Even the arch wiki seems to suggest that aurutils has PKGBUILD diff view integrated but I still can't seem to get it to work.

Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks!

moderator edit -- replaced oversized image with link.
Pasting pictures and code

Last edited by 2ManyDogs (2019-06-04 16:09:00)

#330 2019-06-04 16:41:52

qinohe

Hi there, far as I know you can't view a diff with vifm (see man vifm), though you can with vimdiff...
The picture you show is the way it should be.
What sources did you read that suggest you could diff with vifm?

#331 2019-06-04 17:14:32

throwaway1873

Not vifm but the comparison table on the arch wiki page for aur helpers shows that aurutils has diff view capability.

#332 2019-06-04 17:24:47

qinohe

Ah, clear, well I wouldn't know how to do that, vimdiff maybe?

edit: which still isn't an answer to your Q. ;-)

Last edited by qinohe (2019-06-04 17:27:06)

#333 2019-06-05 12:41:07

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

If the package has already been installed, a diff will be shown in aur-sync if a newer version is available on the AUR. This however only happens on the first invocation, or (in the git version), when vifm exited successfully.

https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/pull/ … d9a2ecdbd7

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby

#334 2019-06-05 12:47:09

qinohe

Hmm, must say I use 'aur sync -cu' to update my packages and have vifm installed, though, I have never seen this diff after exit vifm...

#335 2019-06-05 12:48:39

V1del
Forum Moderator

Merging with the aurutils thread

#336 2019-06-05 12:54:28

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

qinohe wrote:

Hmm, must say I use 'aur sync -cu' to update my packages and have vifm installed, though, I have never seen this diff after exit vifm...

-c shouldn't make a difference. The diff is not shown after vifm exit, but rather inside vifm (as seperate .patch files).

What I meant here is that in the git version, when vifm exits successfully (exit 0), a "marker" is set so that the same diff is not shown on subsequent aur-sync calls.  Reversely, when exiting with :cq (exit 1 on vifm) e.g. for an unexpected change, you will still see the diffs when running aur-sync after.

Last edited by Alad (2019-06-05 12:58:02)

#337 2019-06-05 12:57:00

qinohe

Will have a better look next time there's an update for one of the packages, never noticed it, thanks

#338 2019-07-28 11:34:15

Vash63

Having a strange issue whenever I try to actually build and install with 'aur sync' - it builds fine, and adds itself to the repo without issue, but then fails when running the sync through pacman. Example:

==> Creating package "mutter-performance"...
  -> Generating .PKGINFO file...
  -> Generating .BUILDINFO file...
  -> Generating .MTREE file...
  -> Compressing package...
==> Leaving fakeroot environment.
==> Finished making: mutter-performance 3.32.2+43+gb7f158811-4 (zo 28 jul 2019 13:30:17 CEST)
==> Cleaning up...
==> Extracting database to a temporary location...
==> Extracting database to a temporary location...
==> Adding package 'mutter-performance-3.32.2+43+gb7f158811-4-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz'
  -> Computing checksums...
  -> Removing existing entry 'mutter-performance-3.32.2+43+gb7f158811-3'...
  -> Creating 'desc' db entry...
  -> Creating 'files' db entry...
==> Creating updated database file '/var/cache/pacman/custom/custom.db.tar'
:: Synchronizing package databases...
error: failed retrieving file 'custom.files' from disk : expected download size exceeded----------------]   0%
error: failed to update custom (download library error)
error: failed to synchronize all databases

I just tried removing all of my repository .db/.db.tar and .files/.files.tar files and rebuilding the repo with repo-add and still had the same issue next time I ran `aur sync -u`. Not really sure where to look here or what caused this as it had been working fine for a while, maybe it doesn't like one of my package files?

Edit: Also worth noting that just running `pacman -Sy` fixes it but I have to run this every time before it will pick up my package updates now, the auto upgrade from `aur sync` never works

Last edited by Vash63 (2019-07-28 13:22:34)

#339 2019-07-28 20:00:53

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

This issue popped up a few times, but I have no idea on the cause. It might help to do a binary search on your repo (add the first half of the packages, etc.) to see if you can pin it down to a particular package.

#340 2019-10-12 20:21:12

doskoi

How can I download all source files in the same hard-coded folder while building in chroot?
I've set SRCDEST in ~/.config/pacman/makepkg.conf, /etc/makepkg.conf and /usr/share/devtools/makepkg-x86_64.conf.
I even run aur-build with:

SRCDEST=/path aur build -c

But source files are always downloaded in the directory of the PKGBUILD (same with aur-sync).
SRCDEST is only respected when not building in chroot.

#341 2019-10-15 14:23:32

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

SRCDEST is only respected when not building in chroot.

SRCDEST should be respected by makechrootpkg. Please try if it works when running extra-x86_64-build directly.

I just tried removing all of my repository .db/.db.tar and .files/.files.tar files and rebuilding the repo with repo-add and still had the same issue next time I ran `aur sync -u`. Not really sure where to look here or what caused this as it had been working fine for a while, maybe it doesn't like one of my package files?

A follow-up on that: https://github.com/AladW/aurutils/pull/595

Still haven't identified the cause, but it should at least prevent builds from failing.

#342 2019-10-15 15:41:15

doskoi

Alad wrote:

SRCDEST should be respected by makechrootpkg. Please try if it works when running extra-x86_64-build directly.

extra-x86_64-build doesn't seem to respect SRCDEST set in ~/.config/pacman/makepkg.conf, /etc/makepkg.conf or /usr/share/devtools/makepkg-x86_64.conf. It only works when the command is prefixed with SRCDEST=/path.

#343 2019-10-19 08:23:48

lahwaacz
Wiki Admin

I noticed that in my old chroot, /etc/makepkg.conf has this appended at the bottom:

BUILDDIR=/build
PKGDEST=/pkgdest
SRCPKGDEST=/srcpkgdest
SRCDEST=/srcdest
LOGDEST=/logdest
MAKEFLAGS='-j8'
PACKAGER='[my name and email address]'

But in a newly created chroot these variables are completely missing.

Edit: In my case it was a misconfiguration in ~/.config/pacman/makepkg.conf, which used "~" to refer to the home directory, but makechrootpkg loads variables as root so it was replaced with "/root" and later on the inexistent directory was replaced with "$PWD". On a different host (with the old chroot) I used full paths instead of "~".

Last edited by lahwaacz (2019-10-19 08:53:31)

#344 2019-10-28 00:27:42

lightdot

I'm getting errors when using aurutils. e.g. 'aur sync -cu'.

The /var/lib/aurbuild/x86_64/root/etc/pacman.conf gets populated with the following on two separate occasions, the three dots actually replacing many repetitions of the two paths:

[options]
CacheDir = /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ /var/cache/pacman/custom/ /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ /var/cache/pacman/custom/ /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ /var/cache/pacman/custom/ /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ /var/cache/pacman/custom/ ...

It seems that each run appends additional instances of the two paths so the first fresh run goes through, later ones fail due to the excessive CacheDir repetitions.

I'm using a /etc/pacman.d/custom with:

[options]
CacheDir = /var/cache/pacman/pkg
CacheDir = /var/cache/pacman/custom
#CleanMethod = KeepCurrent

[custom]
SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
Server = file:///var/cache/pacman/custom

The /etc/pacman.d/custom is included at the end of the /etc/pacman.conf and the PKGDEST points to /var/cache/pacman/custom

Might this actually be a makechrootpkg issue or something in my particular environment? It has been a while since I've set aurutils up, perhaps some decision I've made is outdated.

This has been happening for a short while now but I didn't have time to look into it right away...

#345 2019-10-28 10:25:09

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

This is a devtools issue, in particular with arch-nspawn. Please open a report at: https://github.com/archlinux/devtools/issues

Last edited by Alad (2019-10-28 10:25:39)

#346 2019-10-29 14:40:14

mipi

I would like to get rid of temporary files and log files created by makepkg during aur build. I use aur build to build a package that sources from a remote git repo and thus this repo is cloned during the build process. The problem is that the temporary files and directories are not deleted at the end of the build (i.e. log files and the cloned repo).

That's how I call aur build generally:

aur build -d <myrepo> -a <mylist> --root=<myrootdir> -N [-- <makepkgargs>]

I tested  different variants:
(1) Using makechrootpkg and handing over "-c" (=cleanup) to makepkg

aur build -d <myrepo> -a <mylist> --root=<myrootdir> -N -c -- -- -c

Logs and the cloned repo remain after the build, though makepkg should be called with "-c" and without --log (but could be that makechrootpkg calls makepkg always with --log, irrespectively of the fact that I only specific "-c" as makepkg argument)

(2) Using makepkg without any additional argument

aur build -d <myrepo> -a <mylist> --root=<myrootdir> -N 

Logs are not written (=OK), the cloned repo is still there (as expected)

(3) Using makepkg with "-c" to force cleanup

aur build -d <myrepo> -a <mylist> --root=<myrootdir> -N -- -c

Logs are not written (=OK), the cloned repo is still there (this shouldn't be the case)

My desired variant is (1). How can I make aur build (makepkg / makechrootpkg respectively) to not create logs and to clean up temporary files?

Thanks,
-- mipi

#347 2019-10-29 18:08:10

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

makechrootpkg has a fixed set of makepkg options, which cannot be overriden:

https://git.archlinux.org/devtools.git/ … pkg.in#n18
https://git.archlinux.org/devtools.git/ … kg.in#n329

This is different from aur-build, which resets the makepkg arguments (so 3. would run makepkg -c, instead of makepkg -sc). I'd either set LOGDEST to some directory which is deleted after the build, or patch makechrootpkg to fully reset the makepkg arguments.

#348 2019-11-01 05:38:42

lamarpavel

Since a few days I've had problems with updating packages via aur sync -c, terminating with ==> ERROR: '-d' does not have a valid database archive extension.
This happens with every package, here is a excerpt for updating the aurutils package:

$ aur sync -cf aurutils
==> Using [lanpak] repository
  -> aurutils: 2.3.1-1 -> 2.3.2-1
==> Retrieving package files

[...]

==> Checking buildtime dependencies...
==> Retrieving sources...
  -> Found aurutils-2.3.2.tar.gz
  -> Found aurutils-2.3.2.tar.gz.asc
==> WARNING: Skipping all source file integrity checks.
==> Extracting sources...
  -> Extracting aurutils-2.3.2.tar.gz with bsdtar
==> Starting build()...
m4 -DAUR_LIB_DIR="/usr/lib/aurutils" aur.in >aur
make[1]: Entering directory '/build/aurutils/src/aurutils-2.3.2/completions'
m4 command_opts.m4 bash/aurutils.in >bash/aur
m4 command_opts.m4 zsh/aurutils.in >zsh/_aur
make[1]: Leaving directory '/build/aurutils/src/aurutils-2.3.2/completions'
==> Entering fakeroot environment...
==> WARNING: PACKAGER should have the format 'Example Name <email@address.invalid>'
==> Starting package()...
make[1]: Entering directory '/build/aurutils/src/aurutils-2.3.2/completions'
make[1]: Leaving directory '/build/aurutils/src/aurutils-2.3.2/completions'
==> Tidying install...
  -> Removing libtool files...
  -> Purging unwanted files...
  -> Removing static library files...
  -> Stripping unneeded symbols from binaries and libraries...
  -> Compressing man and info pages...
==> Checking for packaging issues...
==> Creating package "aurutils"...
  -> Generating .PKGINFO file...
  -> Generating .BUILDINFO file...
  -> Adding install file...
  -> Generating .MTREE file...
  -> Compressing package...
==> Leaving fakeroot environment.
==> Finished making: aurutils 2.3.2-1 (Fri 01 Nov 2019 06:00:58 AM CET)
==> ERROR: '-d' does not have a valid database archive extension.

Looks to me like it's happening while adding the built package to my custom database. The database is a tar archive, just like in the install instructions of the man page:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 aurpac aurpac     13 Oct 20 05:43 /var/cache/pacman/lanpak/lanpak.db -> lanpak.db.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 aurpac aurpac  94208 Oct 20 05:43 /var/cache/pacman/lanpak/lanpak.db.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 aurpac aurpac  94208 Oct 18 16:28 /var/cache/pacman/lanpak/lanpak.db.tar.old
lrwxrwxrwx 1 aurpac aurpac     16 Oct 20 05:43 /var/cache/pacman/lanpak/lanpak.files -> lanpak.files.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 aurpac aurpac 477696 Oct 20 05:43 /var/cache/pacman/lanpak/lanpak.files.tar
-rw-r--r-- 1 aurpac aurpac 477696 Oct 18 16:28 /var/cache/pacman/lanpak/lanpak.files.tar.old

Though the error looks like it's passing '-d' instead of the database file name at some point. Any suggestions what could have happened?

#349 2019-11-01 09:53:11

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

Uninstall xdelta3, or build/install the 2.3.2 package by hand with makepkg.

2.3.1 would specify the -d flag to repo-add for .delta, since this was removed in pacman 5.2 I removed it in 2.3.2.

#350 2019-11-01 10:41:10

lamarpavel

Alad wrote:

Uninstall xdelta3, or build/install the 2.3.2 package by hand with makepkg.

That did indeed solve my problem, thank you for the quick reply.

Board footer