You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-26 10:15:06

FriedrichNietzsche

Shortcuts from Gnome Settings not working

Hi guys,

I have a keyboard, which offers buttons for volume control, but not for jumping to the prev/next track. I used to set Ctrl+VolUp and Ctrl+VolDown to for this functions. Since quite a while I have the problem, that this is not possible anymore. While the volume keys work, using them together with Ctrl not seems possible - they just adjust the volume anyway, no matter how many modifier keys are pressed. Also using Gnome Settings to create shortcuts has problems to recognise the pressed shortcut. Sometime it works, sometimes not. So far I was not able to find out what the problem is. But I remember that it once worked (always on Ubuntu and also on my first Arch Linux installation about one year ago).

I would be grateful if someone could give me at a push in the right direction, ideally to be able to use Gnome Settings for creating (working) shortcuts again. I am using Budgie as Desktop and budgie-wm as window manager. As Nvidia user I use the X window system. I am happy to provide any other information requested.

Thanks!

Board footer