You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-26 20:04:27

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

Search AUR by groups or clone the entire AUR?

I noticed the maintainer for a number of xfce4-devel PKGBUILDs in the AUR added a groups=('xfce4-devel') to them.  I'd like to search the AUR by this group but didn't see an obvious way to do it.  Guessing this is not implemented.  Is there a way to clone the entire AUR?  With a local copy, one could search recursively for the literal 'groups=('xfce4-devel')' to answer the question.

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#2 2019-05-26 20:42:42

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Search AUR by groups or clone the entire AUR?

Do all the packages have both "xfce4" and "devel" in the name?  My search for those two terms results in 8 packages.

I don't think you'd want to mirror the whole aur.  But there is a much easier approach even if the above search terms don't match: you say these are all from the same maintainer - you can search by maintainer, then filter that short list if needed.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2019-05-26 20:46:02

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

@Trilby - I found the maintainer search and he or she hasn't been totally consistent in adding that groups= to the PKGBUILDs.  Emailed about that.  In any case, your solution is the search by maintainer then filter those hits to either xfce4 or devel?

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#4 2019-05-26 20:48:31

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

I proposed two alternatives.  One was to use the keywords if they work.

The other was to use a maintainer search as a first pass.  However, if they have been inconsistent in using that groups name, then it's all a moot point: whether you first filter by the maintainer or try to download the whole aur (bad idea), you'd still not be able to find what you want.

But given that the packages that you want and the packages that have that group label are both subsets of the packages with a given maintainer, just drop the idea of cloning the whole aur: first do the maintainer search, then select what you need from that list.

Last edited by Trilby (2019-05-26 20:49:57)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer