You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-13 01:34:31

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Forum layout bug

Using the new archlinux theme, I've been having this very strange effect with apparently random appearances of the "view posts since last visit" link. Sometimes its there, sometime's its not.

At first I thought it was dibble trying to play with my head. He's got it configured so that the forum checks for my login and bases the decision on whether or not to show the link based on a random() call.

Of course, messing with my head is a very serious offence (punishable by DOIP), and accusing someone of such a crime without just merit would be slanderous at best. So I did some digging.

What I discovered was that it is not quite that sinister. DTW has indeed modified my account, but he hasn't hooked it up to random, he's simply hooked it up to the window size. When I maximize the window, the link is visible, but if I view it at a lower size, as I am accustomed to doing (so I can have a gaim window open to the right for additional chances to make fun of people, for example), the link is hidden behind the google adsense advertisement.

Ok, its not quite that sinister either, nobody's out to get me except when I'm paranoid. But I think somehow a little more room needs to be given to the adsense box.

Dusty

Board footer