You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-06 07:47:25

lokedhs

Bumblebee problems after waking from sleep (with workaround)

My machine is a Thinkpad T490, and I have configured Bumblee for it.

The wiki page on the topic (https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/bumblebee) explains that there may be problems after putting the machine to sleep, and I've followed all the recommendations there, but I'm still unable to initialise the Nvidia card after a suspend.

I'm getting the following error:

$ primusrun glxgears
primus: fatal: Bumblebee daemon reported: error: [XORG] (EE) NVIDIA(GPU-0): Failed to initialize the NVIDIA GPU at PCI:60:0:0.  Please

Yes, It's not a copy-paste problem. The message seems to be cut off.

I've figured out that I can workaround the issue by running the following two commands:

# echo 1 > /sys/bus/pci/devices/0000:3c:00.0/remove 
# echo 1 > /sys/bus/pci/rescan

Now, I have two problems: The first is that I have to do this manually, which is a hassle.

I've tried adding these commands to a systemd unit that gets run after suspend, but that doesn't work. When I try, I sometimes end up in a situation where the device complete disappears. When that happens, I need to reboot in order get it to work again.

The second problem is that after I run these commands manually, primusrun works, but the Nvidia card does not shut down after use. This can be seen by typing "nvidia-smi" which shows that the card is indeed active.

I'm running out of things to check, and when searching, it seems almost everybody solved similar problems by simply doing a rescan. That's why I'm posting here in the hope that someone else knows about this problem.

Last edited by lokedhs (2019-06-06 14:13:19)

Board footer