You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-13 15:10:25

detto

2 questions concerning KDE [SOLVED]

heyho,

am playing around with KDE. roll

just wondering if its normal that changing settings in control center dont get recognized instantly but only after restarting the app (for example konqueror) ? :?
also concerning konqueror and web browsing: when i clicked the button to create a new thread (ye, this here in arch forum wink roll ) it asked me wether i want to save this '......html'  or open it in kwrite :shock: i had to right clcik and select open in new tab to open that page inside it, anyone knows a way-around?

thx in advance!! big_smile

cheers,
detto

#2 2006-08-13 19:09:11

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: 2 questions concerning KDE [SOLVED]

detto wrote:

just wondering if its normal that changing settings in control center dont get recognized instantly but only after restarting the app (for example konqueror) ? :?

Yes it's normal. Some apps read their config files only once when starting. So if you change the configs, you need to restart them so that the new config takes effect. It might also depend on what config you are changing.
Some apps read their config files at specific interval so, if the configs are changed, they'll update automatically.

#3 2006-08-14 07:24:14

Jarsto
Website

detto wrote:

also concerning konqueror and web browsing: when i clicked the button to create a new thread (ye, this here in arch forum wink roll ) it asked me wether i want to save this '......html'  or open it in kwrite :shock: i had to right clcik and select open in new tab to open that page inside it, anyone knows a way-around?

This isn't normal behaviour for Konqueror and I find myself unable to replicate it. Both left click and middle click (open in new window/new tab depending on settings) do what they're supposed to do.

Jarsto

#4 2006-08-14 11:57:57

kth5
Website

detto wrote:

thread (ye, this here in arch forum wink roll ) it asked me wether i want to save this '......html'  or open it in kwrite :shock: i had to right clcik and select open in new tab to open that page inside it, anyone knows a way-around?

thx in advance!! big_smile

cheers,
detto

it's most probably because you set kwrite as the default application to open text/html. try to revert that setting.

I recognize that while theory and practice are, in theory, the same, they are, in practice, different. -Mark Mitchell

#5 2006-08-14 14:43:44

detto

ahhh.. well, got that thing fixed with html (also php) pages with the help of the file association menu from the control center big_smile
and good to KNOW that this setting applying seems standard, just wanted get sure my box/KDE was somehow fu**ed up roll
thx everybody!

cheers,
detto

Board footer