You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-15 21:23:47

majdif47

Intel-spi error ??

I was checking log files using journal ctl i get the following error:
"ArchLinux kernal: intel-spi intel-spi: error -22 reading CR"
"ArchLinux kernal: intel-spi intel-spi: error while reading configuartion register"
"ArchLinux kernal: intel-spi intel-spi:  fail to clear block protection bits".
I tried to look for these errors and I couldn't find what they even mean can someone help me ?

#2 2019-07-17 04:13:43

IrvineHimself

Re: Intel-spi error ??

A quick google search of the information you provided, (both with and without the Arch prefix,) reveals a number of reported bugs, which may or may not be relevant. There is also a  Wikipedia article on Serial Peripheral Interface smile

There are usually a couple of benign errors and warnings from boot. For example: After reading your post, I searched my journalctl for errors. There were several dozen, the vast majority of which related to debugging info from my current project. However, in addition to a couple of entries which I tracked down years ago, I noticed one particular entry about regulatory.db which has been on my ToDo list for a couple of weeks. I spent an hour and  a half playing about with different search parameters until I found a reference to crda, which running: pacman -Si crda revealed to be a package. Following up with pacman -Qi crda, I found I didn't have it installed.

Now, you should absolutely not install things blindly. So, the next question was: What is it and what does it do?

Searching the Wiki, I eventually found this informative answer on the regulatory domain of wireless networks. In other words, barring scary tabloid headlines about legal enforcement, it's not that high on my list of priorities. As a result, since everything appears to be working fine, for the moment I will stick with the default settings.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way for us lesser mortals to judge the severity of this type of error other than tracking them down. Additionally, it can often involve making a judgment based on your personal circumstance.

On a day to day basis I personally wouldn't trust it, but qjournalctl tries to break things down by their level of severity. This can be useful in a fresh install when I am overwhelmed with things that need urgent attention, but, to re-emphasize, it is not a replacement for careful research.

Irvine

Et voilà, elle arrive. La pièce, le sous, peut-être qu'il arrive avec vous!

Board footer