You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-19 10:38:04

lolop

systemctl suspend=resume failed (ssd NVME)

Hello, I come to you because I have a problem on my workstation.

It is a ryzen 2200G and the problem appeared when I cloned the partition with clonezilla on the new ssd M.2 intel 760P 1to .
So that's it, when I run a systemctl suspends, the system is freeze when I try to wake it up 1H after.

I have tried several kernel (5.1, 5.2) and same result.The only thing I modified it is the ssd M.2 for a nvme.

I edit /sys/bus/pci/devices/my-ssd/d3cold_allowed not work

Any idea? thank you

Last edited by lolop (2019-07-19 11:18:18)

#2 2019-07-20 18:49:35

lolop

Re: systemctl suspend=resume failed (ssd NVME)

I did not advance on the question.
I also tried a kubuntu and opensuse last release (kernel 5) and I have the same result.

Any help is welcome

#3 2019-07-20 19:41:17

cynicfm
Banned

Well maybe it's systemd that is causing this??

Have a good day

#4 2019-07-20 19:52:55

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

cynicfm, please elaborate on your comment -- as it stands, it is not helpful.

lolop, it sounds like you've identified the hardware as the problem, but a journal from an affected session may tell us more. Testing whether you can reproduce the problem on a lts kernel may be worth a try (e.g. linux-lts on Arch).

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

#5 2019-07-20 20:12:14

cynicfm
Banned

Yeah i know it's lame post, apologies...
But i went on manjaro forums and there are some suspend fails posts as well. In newbie corner there is some guy that posted the same stuff has problems with suspends... I have no idea why such questions go to arch linux forums not the kernel community, cuz i think it has something to do with it, sorry but i am not sure if people who create Arch are responsible for kernel it gets to core, well there is of course arch in the kernel name, but such issues with suspend is not nice... sad.
if the same thing happens on opensuse and kubuntu then it's just not arch stuff but kernel that's my bet big_smile

Last edited by cynicfm (2019-07-20 20:13:23)

Have a good day

#6 2019-07-20 20:26:09

lolop

@WorMzy: i also tried on the lts kernel to no avail, i'm going to focus on a dedicated kernel forum

@cynicfm: I'm actually going to a kernel forum. I also posted on the manjaro forum. I have two machines with this kind of ssd, one under manjaro and the other under arch and I have the same problem.
And I figured that by posting on the arch community, people will find more solution.

I went around the problem without finding a solution.
Which kernel community should I go to?

#7 2019-07-20 20:34:25

cynicfm
Banned

Sorry i am clueless because i have no idea how to help as i have completely no idea what's causing this issue
But perhaps if you're clueless then maybe... sad
https://www.kernel.org/category/contact-us.html

When something goes wrong and nobody helps and being clueless on top of that sucks so i would try everything although i am not sure if i am right.

Have a good day

#8 2019-07-20 20:38:54

loqs

#9 2019-07-20 20:40:40

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

cynicfm wrote:

Sorry i am clueless because i have no idea how to help as i have completely no idea what's causing this issue

When something goes wrong and nobody helps and being clueless on top of that sucks so i would try everything although i am not sure if i am right.

Just stop. If you don't know what you are typing about, do not post.

Try reading the boards, the wiki, and man pages for a while until you have learned something that can actually help.

This isn't failbook: it's not a social network, you aren't helping by just typing random shit into a text box and hitting "tweet".

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#10 2019-07-20 20:49:34

loqs

@lolop can the system accommodate both the old SSD and the new NVME at the same time so you could test booting off the old SSD with the NVME just being present?

#11 2019-07-20 20:50:51

cynicfm
Banned

jasonwryan wrote:
cynicfm wrote:

Try reading the boards, the wiki, and man pages for a while until you have learned something that can actually help.

This isn't failbook: it's not a social network, you aren't helping by just typing random shit into a text box and hitting "tweet".

You aren't helping by writing posts like post journalctl -b output as well
Or writing some techincal language to some newbie who has no idea what you're talking about.

At least i am trying to help and i gave this person correct link where he might get a solution cuz arch forums seem to be likely dead, only few people writing on daily basis.

Have a good day

#12 2019-07-20 20:55:53

loqs

cynicfm wrote:
jasonwryan wrote:
cynicfm wrote:

You aren't helping by writing posts like post journalctl -b output as well

You do not believe that having a record of events as produced by the affected system will help diagnose an issue on that system?

cynicfm wrote:

Or writing some techincal language to some newbie who has no idea what you're talking about.

What technical language?  How have you assessed that someone is a newbie and will not understand?

cynicfm wrote:

At least i am trying to help and i gave this person correct link where he might get a solution cuz arch forums seem to be likely dead, only few people writing on daily basis.

You provided a link with information to contact the kernel.org maintainers,  for a kernel developer having account difficulties and for the legal entity behind kernel.org not how to contact kernel developers about a kernel bug.

#13 2019-07-29 16:59:50

lolop

for info, I made a bugzilla kernel. I also gave my old ssd can not do without this function. I also ordered a pcie card to try the ssd problem in it.

#14 2019-08-08 18:46:27

lolop

FYI, I have a motherboard ASUS 320M-K with a bios of June 2019.An update dating from 01/08/2019 solved the problem

Board footer