You are not logged in.

#1 2006-08-16 10:42:22

tomk
Forum Fellow

makepkg source cache under $HOME

I don't know if anyone else is bothered by this, but ever since I did The Right Thing (tm) and started building packages under $HOME with fakeroot, I missed having the source cache available in /var/cache/pacman/src. So I've patched makepkg and makepkg.conf to allow me to specify an alternative cache directory, either on the command line or as a makepkg.conf setting. The patches are here, if anyone's interested.

Please note that the makepkg.conf patch is against the unedited file as provided by the pacman package - if you have already modifed the PACKAGE OUTPUT section, apply the changes manually.

#2 2006-08-16 19:57:13

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: makepkg source cache under $HOME

Usually, for packages I maintain, I just su and move the source from $startdir to  /var/cache/pacman/src.  The patch might be more convenient.

#3 2006-08-16 22:04:25

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: makepkg source cache under $HOME

I'm thinking mainly of situations where two or more packages come from the same tarball e.g. kernel26ck and my own custom kernel, or truecrypt and truecrypt-utils, etc. I usually remember to copy the source from one build directory to the other, but this way I don't have to.

Board footer