You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-07 14:49:03

kinru

CS:GO fails to finish launching due to JACK Loopback Card

I use JACK to process the audio in-game and route everything properly between programs when I stream. I use Cadence to do some basic functions like starting a JACK server and configuring it. I noticed whenever I start CS:GO with the bridge type "ALSA -> Loop -> JACK" the game opens a fully black screen until it closes by itself. However,  when I start CS:GO with the bridge type " ALSA -> JACK (Plugin)" everything starts fine.

I ran "steam" from terminal in both situations. Loopback Card, JACK Plugin. Here also are the Jack logs Cadence gives me. I see in my patchbay that another client called "Alsoft" opens when the game fails to start. Here is the Jack log that I get when the game is launched with "Alsa -> JACK Plugin".

After the game starts up, I can change to the "Loopback Bridge" to stop the strange behavior of the "Jack Plugin Bridge" on my microphone, and it does not crash. In game I see no options for audio that might change which sound card is used.

Not sure why CS:GO is the only game I have with this issue, however.

#2 2019-08-08 08:12:58

Lone_Wolf

Re: CS:GO fails to finish launching due to JACK Loopback Card

Jack plugin

Cannot lock down 82280346 byte memory area (Cannot allocate memory)
AL lib: (EE) UpdateDeviceParams: Failed to set 44100hz, got 48000hz instead

Loopback card

ALSA lib pcm.c:8432:(snd_pcm_recover) underrun occurred

No idea what those differences mean, sorry.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2019-08-08 10:48:23

grinner

A speculator - but given the context 'Alsoft' almost certainly refers to OpenAL (upstream openal-soft).  Check that both openal and lib32-openal are installed, in particular if the latter is missing it could cause problems.

#4 2019-08-09 02:09:04

kinru

Sorry, I no longer have this setup since my GPU died and I reinstalled. Maybe I will have this issue occur again once everything is set up, then I can work it out.

Board footer