You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-07 10:56:06

PogMat

Touchpad non manageable by KDE with libinput

Hi,
I have a brand new Dell XPS 13 (9380) on which I installed Arch Linux, with KDE (5.16.4) as DE. I installed the packages: libinput and xf86-input-libinput while I have not installed xf86-input-synaptics, which is deprecated. If I try to modify setting in System Settings > Input Devices > Touchpad nothing changes. The only way I found to enable the tap-on-click, for example has been to insert the file etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/30-touchpad.conf:

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier "touchpad"
    Driver "libinput"
    MatchIsTouchpad "on"
    Option "Tapping" "on"
    Option "TappingButtonMap" "lrm"
EndSection

I would like to know if and how it is possible to do the same via KDE menu, without having to insert this file.

Last edited by PogMat (2020-08-06 09:18:59)

#2 2019-08-07 11:16:20

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Touchpad non manageable by KDE with libinput

The settings dialog had a some weird one time bug where it didn't let me change these settings, manually configuring them once via xinput seems to have woken it up and I'm able to use the dialog and the changes apply properly. FWIW do you get any output if you navigate to the settings dialog from the terminal?

#3 2019-08-08 16:34:56

PogMat

Re: Touchpad non manageable by KDE with libinput

V1del wrote:

The settings dialog had a some weird one time bug where it didn't let me change these settings, manually configuring them once via xinput seems to have woken it up and I'm able to use the dialog and the changes apply properly. FWIW do you get any output if you navigate to the settings dialog from the terminal?

Could you please give me exactly the command you typed?

Board footer