You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-15 16:40:32

null

dwm laggy with terminus-font-otb

I recently tried to switch to the otb version of the terminus font. After bulding dwm with it, it became noticeable slow. I.e. when starting Firefox a couple of gui elements would appear before the rest of the browser and fast switching between dwm tags multiple times could take a couple of seconds. For now I've rebuild dwm with terminus-font and dwm is blazing fast again.

I'm using the i915 Intel driver without any manual xorg configuration. Has anyone any idea about how to fix that?

#2 2019-08-15 17:24:01

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: dwm laggy with terminus-font-otb

Why would you want to use the otb font with dwm?  Dwm does not use pango for fonts/text-layout.  So just use terminus-font.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2019-08-16 09:09:48

null

Re: dwm laggy with terminus-font-otb

I tried to build it with the otb font because I need it anyway for applications that are actually using pango. I don't see the point of having the same font installed twice if all applications theoretically can use the otb format.

The computer that has this problem is a Carbon X1 Gen 5 with an core-I7 with integrated graphics. At work I'm using a ThinkCentre Edge with an core-I5 with integrated graphics without any problems.

Board footer