You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-15 07:04:43

Jannis3005

Sid Meier's Civilization Steam Overlay Issue

Hello,

I've just recently switched to Arch and I've not had many issues I couldn't find solutions for. But I've been trying to figure this out now for multiple days. I've installed steam, and the native runtimes. After that, when using steam-native, Friends & Chat wouldn't work and I could not go online. And with both steam-native and steam-runtime, the steam overlay wasn't working. That was an easy fix form Reddit here.

After that, when using steam-native and applying the usual fix for it, I got the game to work normally, but my steam overlay wasn't working, because I was obviously overwriting the LD_PRELOAD. So I did some more research and ended up with these launch options:

LD_PRELOAD="$LD_PRELOAD /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6" gamemoderun %command%

However, I still cannot get the steam overlay to actually work. in every other installed game, it works just fine, e.g. Broforce, Mini Meto, PLague inc., Dota, CS GO

Does anybody have a suggestion on what I can try to fix this?

here's the civilization log:

ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/jannis/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/home/jannis/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/gameoverlayrenderer.so' from LD_PRELOAD cannot be preloaded (wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32): ignored.
gamemodeauto: 
   DEBUG: FileExists? "/mnt/Daten/Spiele/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/GameGuide/Streamer" 

[0815/083953:ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(217)] Running without the SUID sandbox! See https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/master/docs/linux_suid_sandbox_development.md for more information on developing with the sandbox on.
gamemodeauto: 
   DEBUG: Start URL: "https://gameguide3.aspyr.com?bundle_id=289070&game_version=1.2.3&game_type=steamm&launches=19&locale=C&os_version=Arch%20Linux&windowed=1&smallweb=0&platform=LinuxGame&disable_settings_menu=1#/whats_new"
   DEBUG: Delay: 1000
 WARNING: Property 'modal'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'windowModality'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'enabled'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'geometry'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'frameGeometry'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'normalGeometry'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'x'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'y'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'pos'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'frameSize'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'size'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'width'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'height'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'rect'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'childrenRect'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'childrenRegion'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'sizePolicy'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'minimumSize'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'maximumSize'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'minimumWidth'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'minimumHeight'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'maximumWidth'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'maximumHeight'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'sizeIncrement'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'baseSize'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'palette'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'font'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'cursor'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'mouseTracking'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'isActiveWindow'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'focusPolicy'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'focus'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'contextMenuPolicy'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'updatesEnabled'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'visible'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'minimized'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'maximized'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'fullScreen'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'sizeHint'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'minimumSizeHint'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'acceptDrops'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'windowOpacity'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'windowModified'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'toolTip'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'toolTipDuration'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'statusTip'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'whatsThis'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'accessibleName'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'accessibleDescription'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'layoutDirection'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'autoFillBackground'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'styleSheet'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'locale'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'windowFilePath'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'inputMethodHints'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'iconSize'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'toolButtonStyle'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'animated'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'documentMode'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'tabShape'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'dockNestingEnabled'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'dockOptions'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'unifiedTitleAndToolBarOnMac'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
   DEBUG: MainWindow::isStreaming CALLED! 0
   DEBUG: MainWindow::isMinimized CALLED! 0
   DEBUG: MainWindow::isMouseOverStreamButton CALLED! 0
   DEBUG: MainWindow::isFullWindowButton1Pressed CALLED! 0
   DEBUG: MainWindow::getStreamingService CALLED! 
   DEBUG: ******* Javascript Console *******
   DEBUG: "Line: 87, Source: https://gameguide3.aspyr.com/?bundle_id=289070&game_version=1.2.3&game_type=steamm&launches=19&locale=C&os_version=Arch%20Linux&windowed=1&smallweb=0&platform=LinuxGame&disable_settings_menu=1, Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'fullWindowWebview_' of undefined"
   DEBUG: ******* DONE ******

DEBUG: MainWindow::fullWindowWebview_ CALLED! 0
   DEBUG: MainWindow::enableFullWindowButton1 CALLED! 0, 
   DEBUG: MainWindow::getLoginToken CALLED! 
   DEBUG: MainWindow::setLoginToken_ CALLED! 
   DEBUG: MainWindow::onLoadFinished CALLED! 1
   DEBUG: ARG 0 = --ppapi-flash-path=./pepflashplayer.dll

DEBUG: ARG 1 = --disable-web-security

DEBUG: ARG 2 = -aspyr-fullscreen

DEBUG: Launching Executable ./Civ6Sub

DEBUG: QProcess WorkingDir: /mnt/Daten/Spiele/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/GameGuide/../

DEBUG: ~MainWindow()
LOCALENAME: C
UILANGUAGES 0 C
IsAppSubscribed 512032 -> 0
Sending DLC info dlcInit('512032',false,'','',true);
IsAppSubscribed 512033 -> 0
Sending DLC info dlcInit('512033',false,'','',true);
IsAppSubscribed 512034 -> 0
Sending DLC info dlcInit('512034',false,'','',true);
IsAppSubscribed 512035 -> 0
Sending DLC info dlcInit('512035',false,'','',true);
IsAppSubscribed 645400 -> 0
Sending DLC info dlcInit('645400',false,'','',true);
IsAppSubscribed 645401 -> 0
Sending DLC info dlcInit('645401',false,'','',true);
IsAppSubscribed 645402 -> 0
Sending DLC info dlcInit('645402',false,'','',true);
Settings saved to /home/jannis/.local/share/Aspyr Media/GameGuide/CivilizationVI/gg3settings.json

#2 2019-08-15 19:11:53

grinner

Re: Sid Meier's Civilization Steam Overlay Issue

Have a look here: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/62095

In short remove the fix you made and instead launch steam with the STEAM_RUNTIME_HEAVY=1 option. 

(I believe that is the preferred option - at least it works perfectly for me.)

#3 2019-08-16 11:51:40

Jannis3005

Hey,

thanks for your fast reply. I tried starting steam with

env STEAM_RUNTIME_HEAVY=1 /usr/bin/steam-native %U

and then I first tried another game to see if the overlay was still working and in broforce, it still worked. however, launching games was incredibly slow and laggy. when I removed my fix and started civ, it just showed running for a few seconds (like it does without any fix) and stops, so i had to re-add my launch options.

When I did that, the game did launch, but it hangs at "loading, please wait..." literally forever until I kill the process. So, unfortunately, doesn't work. So I removed STEAM_RUNTIME_HEAVY=1 and started steam-native normally and I could launch Civ VI again.

It still is my only game with no steam overlay, but with your fix, it doesn't work sadly.

P.s.: Even if the game didn't work, I can tell that Steam overlay wouldn't have worked since there was no fps counter on the loading screen

Last edited by Jannis3005 (2019-08-16 11:52:05)

#4 2019-08-16 16:24:37

grinner

Yes you will still need the added launch option(s).

Pasteing the console output here for the launch where it hangs while loading might allow us to see what is going on.

#5 2019-08-17 13:14:42

Jannis3005

Hey,

I tried it again today, and I don't know why but I could start the game. However, Steam overlay is still not working in Civilization VI.
Here's the Steam-Log:

Running Steam on arch rolling 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is disabled by the user
Installing breakpad exception handler for appid(steam)/version(1565656602)
STEAM_RUNTIME_HEAVY: 1
[0817/150734.460855:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(242)] Crash reporting enabled for process: browser
[0817/150734.475635:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc(281)] Failed to set crash key: UserID with value: 0
[0817/150734.475679:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc(281)] Failed to set crash key: BuildID with value: 1565654153
[0817/150734.475682:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc(281)] Failed to set crash key: SteamUniverse with value: Public
[0817/150734.475684:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc(281)] Failed to set crash key: Vendor with value: Valve
[0817/150734.500166:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc(281)] Failed to set crash key: UserID with value: 0
[0817/150734.500208:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc(281)] Failed to set crash key: BuildID with value: 1565654153
[0817/150734.500211:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc(281)] Failed to set crash key: SteamUniverse with value: Public
[0817/150734.500213:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc(281)] Failed to set crash key: Vendor with value: Valve
[0817/150734.500594:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(242)] Crash reporting enabled for process: gpu-process
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 17 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 80 milliseconds to initialize
Opted-in Controller Mask for AppId 0: 0

(steam:5561): Gtk-WARNING **: 15:07:35.510: gtk_disable_setlocale() must be called before gtk_init()
Fossilize INFO: Overriding serialization path: "/home/jannis/.local/share/Steam/shader_cache_temp_dir_vk_64/fozpipelinesv4/steamapprun_pipeline_cache".
roaming config store loaded successfully - 3621 bytes.
migrating temporary roaming config store
[0817/150737.878793:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(265)] Crash reporting enabled for process: renderer
Failed to init SteamVR because it isn't installed
ExecCommandLine: "'/home/jannis/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam'"
System startup time: 4.79 seconds
[0817/150738.810827:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(265)] Crash reporting enabled for process: renderer
JS method call WebChat.GetWebChatLanguage with 1 arguments
JS method call WebChat.RegisterForFriendPostMessage with 1 arguments
JS method call WebChat.RegisterOverlayChatBrowserInfoChanged with 1 arguments
JS method call WebChat.GetSignIntoFriendsOnStart with 1 arguments
JS method call WebChat.GetCurrentUserAccountID with 1 arguments
JS method call WebChat.GetWebChatURL with 1 arguments
JS method call FriendSettings.RegisterForSettingsChanges with 1 arguments
JS method call WebChat.RegisterForPushToTalkStateChange with 1 arguments
JS method call WebChat.SetVoiceChatActive with 1 arguments
JS method call WebChat.RegisterForComputerActiveStateChange with 1 arguments
JS method call Messaging.RegisterForMessages with 2 arguments
JS method call RemotePlay.RegisterForRemoteClientStarted with 1 arguments
JS method call SharedConnection.AllocateSharedConnection with 1 arguments
JS method call FriendSettings.GetEnabledFeatures with 1 arguments
JS method call RemotePlay.RegisterForSessionStarted with 1 arguments
JS method call RemotePlay.RegisterForSessionStopped with 1 arguments
JS method call RemotePlay.RegisterForSessionJoined with 1 arguments
JS method call RemotePlay.RegisterForInputUsed with 1 arguments
JS method call RemotePlay.RegisterForPlayerInputSettingsChanged with 1 arguments
JS method call RemotePlay.BEnabled with 1 arguments
JS method call SharedConnection.SubscribeToEMsg with 2 arguments
JS method call SharedConnection.SubscribeToClientServiceMethod with 2 arguments
JS method call SharedConnection.RegisterOnLogonInfoChanged with 2 arguments
JS method call SharedConnection.SendMsgAndAwaitResponse with 3 arguments
JS method call Storage.GetString with 2 arguments
JS method call WebChat.GetOverlayChatBrowserInfo with 1 arguments
JS method call Parental.RegisterForParentalSettingsChanges with 1 arguments
JS method call Broadcast.RegisterForBroadcastStatus with 1 arguments
JS method call Broadcast.RegisterForViewerRequests with 1 arguments
JS method call SharedConnection.RegisterOnMessageReceived with 2 arguments
JS method call SharedConnection.SendMsg with 2 arguments
JS method call WebChat.GetPushToTalkEnabled with 1 arguments
JS method call WebChat.SetNumChatsWithUnreadPriorityMessages with 1 arguments
JS method call Messaging.PostMessage with 4 arguments
JS method call WebChat.BSuppressPopupsInRestore with 1 arguments
JS method call Storage.SetString with 3 arguments
[0817/150743.649370:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(265)] Crash reporting enabled for process: renderer
[0817/150743.988562:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(265)] Crash reporting enabled for process: renderer
[0817/150744.121817:WARNING:x11_util.cc(1426)] X error received: serial 232, error_code 3 (BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)), request_code 4, minor_code 0 (X_DestroyWindow)
[0817/150746.066206:WARNING:x11_util.cc(1426)] X error received: serial 285, error_code 3 (BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)), request_code 4, minor_code 0 (X_DestroyWindow)
Opted-in Controller Mask for AppId 289070: 0
GameAction [AppID 289070, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to ProcessingInstallScript with ""
GameAction [AppID 289070, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to SiteLicenseSeatCheckout with ""
GameAction [AppID 289070, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to CreatingProcess with ""
GameAction [AppID 289070, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp waiting for user response to CreatingProcess ""
GameAction [AppID 289070, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp continues with user response "CreatingProcess"
Game update: AppID 289070 "", ProcID 5740, IP 0.0.0.0:0
Starting app 289070
>>> Adding process 5740 for game ID 289070
GameAction [AppID 289070, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to WaitingGameWindow with ""
GameAction [AppID 289070, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to Completed with ""
gamemodeauto: 
>>> Adding process 5742 for game ID 289070
>>> Adding process 5748 for game ID 289070
   DEBUG: FileExists? "/mnt/Daten/Spiele/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/GameGuide/Streamer" 

[0817/150758:ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(217)] Running without the SUID sandbox! See https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/master/docs/linux_suid_sandbox_development.md for more information on developing with the sandbox on.
gamemodeauto: 
   DEBUG: Start URL: "https://gameguide3.aspyr.com?bundle_id=289070&game_version=1.2.3&game_type=steamm&launches=25&locale=C&os_version=Arch%20Linux&windowed=1&smallweb=0&platform=LinuxGame&disable_settings_menu=1#/whats_new"

DEBUG: QProcess WorkingDir: /mnt/Daten/Spiele/Steam/steamapps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization VI/GameGuide/../

Game update: AppID 289070 "", ProcID 5801, IP 0.0.0.0:0
No cached sticky mapping in GetActionSetHandle. Native Steam Controller support won't work.
UILANGUAGES 0 C
Settings saved to /home/jannis/.local/share/Aspyr Media/GameGuide/CivilizationVI/gg3settings.json
Game removed: AppID 289070 "", ProcID 5801 
Exiting app 289070
No cached sticky mapping in ActivateActionSet.JS method call Messaging.PostMessage with 4 arguments
[289070]Non-Steam Controller Configs Enabled: 1
[0817/151008.578612:WARNING:x11_util.cc(1426)] X error received: serial 472, error_code 3 (BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)), request_code 4, minor_code 0 (X_DestroyWindow)
Exiting workitem thread
WARNING: setlocale('en_US.UTF-8') failed, using locale: 'C'. International characters may not work.
[2019-08-17 15:07:33] Startup - updater built Aug 12 2019 23:47:21
[2019-08-17 15:07:33] Installation wird überprüft...
[2019-08-17 15:07:33] Verification complete
[2019-08-17 15:10:11] Shutdown

#6 2019-08-17 20:32:27

grinner

I wonder if this a problem with the locale?  Try adding LC_ALL=C to the launch options (before gamemoderun) to see if that makes a difference.  Make sure to completely exit steam before testing.

Also please supply the output of these two commands when run in a terminal:

locale -a
locale

Last edited by grinner (2019-08-17 20:38:49)

#7 2019-08-19 19:17:10

Jannis3005

Adding LC_ALL=C didn't help either, here's the output of the commands:

locale -a:

C
POSIX
de_DE.utf8
en_US.utf8

locale:

LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE=C
LC_MONETARY="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

#8 2019-08-19 23:28:04

grinner

Okay, en_US.utf8 is available, that's good.  Instead of LC_ALL=C try passing LANG=en_US.UTF-8 in the launch options.  If that makes no difference then I'm out and someone else will have to help.

#9 2019-08-22 15:29:59

Jannis3005

I tried it with

LD_PRELOAD="$LD_PRELOAD /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6" LANG=en_US.UTF-8 gamemoderun %command%

and it still didnt work. There's still no steamoverlay.

grinner thanks a lot for your help anyway.

jannis:~ $ env STEAM_RUNTIME_HEAVY=1 steam-native
Running Steam on arch rolling 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is disabled by the user

(steam:8057): Gtk-WARNING **: 17:25:20.645: Im Modulpfad »adwaita« konnte keine Themen-Engine gefunden werden,

(steam:8057): Gtk-WARNING **: 17:25:20.648: Im Modulpfad »adwaita« konnte keine Themen-Engine gefunden werden,
STEAM_RUNTIME_HEAVY: 1
[0822/172521.043188:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(242)] Crash reporting enabled for process: browser
[0822/172521.057208:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc(281)] Failed to set crash key: UserID with value: 0
[0822/172521.057256:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc(281)] Failed to set crash key: BuildID with value: 1565654153
[0822/172521.057259:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc(281)] Failed to set crash key: SteamUniverse with value: Public
[0822/172521.057263:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc(281)] Failed to set crash key: Vendor with value: Valve
[0822/172521.082626:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc(281)] Failed to set crash key: UserID with value: 0
[0822/172521.082681:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc(281)] Failed to set crash key: BuildID with value: 1565654153
[0822/172521.082686:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc(281)] Failed to set crash key: SteamUniverse with value: Public
[0822/172521.082690:WARNING:crash_reporting.cc(281)] Failed to set crash key: Vendor with value: Valve
[0822/172521.083179:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(242)] Crash reporting enabled for process: gpu-process
CApplicationManagerPopulateThread took 15 milliseconds to initialize (will have waited on CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread)
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 82 milliseconds to initialize

(steam:8057): Gtk-WARNING **: 17:25:22.122: gtk_disable_setlocale() must be called before gtk_init()
Fossilize INFO: Overriding serialization path: "/home/jannis/.local/share/Steam/shader_cache_temp_dir_vk_64/fozpipelinesv4/steamapprun_pipeline_cache".
local (potentially out of sync) copy of roaming config loaded - 3621 bytes.
roaming config store loaded successfully - 3621 bytes.
migrating temporary roaming config store
[0822/172524.130776:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(265)] Crash reporting enabled for process: renderer
Failed to init SteamVR because it isn't installed
ExecCommandLine: "'/home/jannis/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam'"
System startup time: 4.46 seconds
[0822/172525.133684:INFO:crash_reporting.cc(265)] Crash reporting enabled for process: renderer
JS method call WebChat.GetWebChatLanguage with 1 arguments
JS method call WebChat.GetSignIntoFriendsOnStart with 1 arguments
JS method call WebChat.GetCurrentUserAccountID with 1 arguments
JS method call WebChat.GetWebChatURL with 1 arguments
PNG load warning Interlace handling should be turned on when using png_read_image
JS method call FriendSettings.RegisterForSettingsChanges with 1 arguments
JS method call WebChat.RegisterForPushToTalkStateChange with 1 arguments
JS method call WebChat.SetVoiceChatActive with 1 arguments
JS method call WebChat.RegisterForComputerActiveStateChange with 1 arguments
JS method call RemotePlay.RegisterForRemoteClientStarted with 1 arguments
JS method call SharedConnection.AllocateSharedConnection with 1 arguments
JS method call FriendSettings.GetEnabledFeatures with 1 arguments
JS method call RemotePlay.RegisterForSessionStarted with 1 arguments
JS method call RemotePlay.RegisterForSessionStopped with 1 arguments
JS method call RemotePlay.RegisterForSessionJoined with 1 arguments
JS method call RemotePlay.RegisterForInputUsed with 1 arguments
JS method call RemotePlay.RegisterForPlayerInputSettingsChanged with 1 arguments
JS method call RemotePlay.BEnabled with 1 arguments
JS method call SharedConnection.RegisterOnLogonInfoChanged with 2 arguments
JS method call WebChat.GetOverlayChatBrowserInfo with 1 arguments
JS method call Parental.RegisterForParentalSettingsChanges with 1 arguments
JS method call Broadcast.RegisterForBroadcastStatus with 1 arguments
JS method call Broadcast.RegisterForViewerRequests with 1 arguments
JS method call SharedConnection.RegisterOnMessageReceived with 2 arguments
JS method call WebChat.GetPushToTalkEnabled with 1 arguments
JS method call WebChat.SetNumChatsWithUnreadPriorityMessages with 1 arguments
JS method call WebChat.BSuppressPopupsInRestore with 1 arguments
Opted-in Controller Mask for AppId 289070: 0
GameAction [AppID 289070, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to ProcessingInstallScript with ""
GameAction [AppID 289070, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to SiteLicenseSeatCheckout with ""
GameAction [AppID 289070, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to CreatingProcess with ""
GameAction [AppID 289070, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp waiting for user response to CreatingProcess ""
GameAction [AppID 289070, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp continues with user response "CreatingProcess"
Game update: AppID 289070 "", ProcID 8188, IP 0.0.0.0:0
Starting app 289070
>>> Adding process 8188 for game ID 289070
GameAction [AppID 289070, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to WaitingGameWindow with ""
GameAction [AppID 289070, ActionID 1] : LaunchApp changed task to Completed with ""
gamemodeauto: 
>>> Adding process 8190 for game ID 289070
>>> Adding process 8194 for game ID 289070

[0822/172528:ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(217)] Running without the SUID sandbox! See https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/master/docs/linux_suid_sandbox_development.md for more information on developing with the sandbox on.
gamemodeauto: 
   DEBUG: Start URL: "https://gameguide3.aspyr.com?bundle_id=289070&game_version=1.2.3&game_type=steamm&launches=30&locale=C&os_version=Arch%20Linux&windowed=1&smallweb=0&platform=LinuxGame&disable_settings_menu=1#/whats_new"
 WARNING: Property 'modal'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'windowModality'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'enabled'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'geometry'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'frameGeometry'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'normalGeometry'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'x'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'y'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'pos'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'frameSize'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'size'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'width'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'height'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'rect'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'childrenRect'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'childrenRegion'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'sizePolicy'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'minimumSize'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'maximumSize'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'minimumWidth'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'minimumHeight'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'maximumWidth'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'maximumHeight'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'sizeIncrement'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'baseSize'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'palette'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'font'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'cursor'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'mouseTracking'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'isActiveWindow'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'focusPolicy'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'focus'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'contextMenuPolicy'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'updatesEnabled'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'visible'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'minimized'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'maximized'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'fullScreen'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'sizeHint'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'minimumSizeHint'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'acceptDrops'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'windowOpacity'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'windowModified'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'toolTip'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'toolTipDuration'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'statusTip'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'whatsThis'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'accessibleName'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'accessibleDescription'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'layoutDirection'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'autoFillBackground'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'styleSheet'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'locale'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'windowFilePath'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'inputMethodHints'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'iconSize'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'toolButtonStyle'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'animated'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'documentMode'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'tabShape'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'dockNestingEnabled'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'dockOptions'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
 WARNING: Property 'unifiedTitleAndToolBarOnMac'' of object 'MainWindow' has no notify signal and is not constant, value updates in HTML will be broken!
   DEBUG: MainWindow::isStreaming CALLED! 0
   DEBUG: MainWindow::isMinimized CALLED! 0
   DEBUG: MainWindow::isMouseOverStreamButton CALLED! 0
   DEBUG: MainWindow::isFullWindowButton1Pressed CALLED! 0
   DEBUG: MainWindow::getStreamingService CALLED! 
   DEBUG: MainWindow::getLoginToken CALLED! 
   DEBUG: MainWindow::setLoginToken_ CALLED! 
   DEBUG: MainWindow::onLoadFinished CALLED! 1

Game update: AppID 289070 "", ProcID 8251, IP 0.0.0.0:0
No cached sticky mapping in GetActionSetHandle. Native Steam Controller support won't work.
UILANGUAGES 0 C
IsAppSubscribed 512032 -> 0
Sending DLC info dlcInit('512032',false,'','',true);
IsAppSubscribed 512033 -> 0
Sending DLC info dlcInit('512033',false,'','',true);
IsAppSubscribed 512034 -> 0
Sending DLC info dlcInit('512034',false,'','',true);
IsAppSubscribed 512035 -> 0
Sending DLC info dlcInit('512035',false,'','',true);
IsAppSubscribed 645400 -> 0
Sending DLC info dlcInit('645400',false,'','',true);
IsAppSubscribed 645401 -> 0
Sending DLC info dlcInit('645401',false,'','',true);
IsAppSubscribed 645402 -> 0
Sending DLC info dlcInit('645402',false,'','',true);
Game removed: AppID 289070 "", ProcID 8251 
Exiting app 289070
No cached sticky mapping in ActivateActionSet.JS method call Messaging.PostMessage with 4 arguments

#10 2019-08-23 01:42:46

grinner

Just one more post... wink

[0822/172528:ERROR:browser_main_loop.cc(217)] Running without the SUID sandbox! See https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/master/docs/linux_suid_sandbox_development.md for more information on developing with the sandbox on.

This catches my eye.  No idea how to fix it but uninstalling your web browser and installing another that is not based on Blink would check if this causes your problem.  (Firefox would be a good choice if you need a suggestion.)

Last edited by grinner (2019-08-23 01:44:11)

#11 2019-08-23 06:57:46

V1del
Forum Moderator

Grinner, that is the steam client/overlay integrated chromium build, mucking around with any external browser will not help.

#12 2019-08-23 12:30:12

Jannis3005

It could also be for rendering the web content in the civ launcher i guess, since the steamoverlay isnt working

#13 2019-08-23 14:46:19

grinner

V1del wrote:

Grinner, that is the steam client/overlay integrated chromium build, mucking around with any external browser will not help.

Mea culpa.  (I have learnt a little...) 

In order to atone I did some internet searching and it seems that this is a problem that others have experienced with this game.

In the steam forum 'official linux thread'  https://steamcommunity.com/app/289070/d … 755435118/ see posts #1883 #2180 #2182 #2183 and #2282.  Seems to exist since December last year and no solution suggested.  Could try adding to the feedback there, or perhaps contact Aspyr directly.

#14 2019-08-26 11:50:50

Jannis3005

I just contacted aspyr about this, maybe they can help. I'll keep you posted for a possible solutions, should anyone ever encounter the same problem

Board footer