You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-25 09:03:27

adwareboi

Screen energy saving not working (KDE Plasma)

I've had this problem for a long time, since I'm on Plasma:

My screen should turn off after 10 minutes without user interaction. Instead of that, the screen goes blank for a few seconds, turns off LCD backlight, loses signal for a bit, then comes right back up, and 10 minutes after happens the same. The screen never gets on standby mode.

I also tried with other users and the root user. Happens the exact same.

Doing:

xset dpms force off

Also produces the same behaviour.

On windows, on the other hand, it works just fine. I think it also had worked well on other DEs, such as xfce and gnome (I haven't used them for some years).
The monitor is an Acer G247HYL and the graphics card is an AMD R9 380X, running the open amdgpu drivers.

Here's the full journalctl -b output of a fresh boot. The screen turned off around line 3855.

Sometimes I get this message:

powerdevil: The profile  "AC" tried to activate "DimDisplay" a non-existent action. This is usually due to an installation problem, a configuration problem, or because the action is not supported

Although I haven't found a solution by searching this.

Anyone knows what's wrong? Thanks in advance.

#2 2019-08-26 09:52:11

Ailen

Re: Screen energy saving not working (KDE Plasma)

Log is not full. Ends just as it's getting to the good part.

It looks like kscreen is throwing a fit and that might be what is causing the problem. But the log doesn't show the screen brightness being returned to normal, nor what caused it.

#3 2019-08-27 13:05:35

adwareboi

Re: Screen energy saving not working (KDE Plasma)

Sorry, my bad. This time I set the screen energy saving time to 1 minute and I let the screen turn off a few times. However, the screen did turn off again in less than in a minute, as you can see: Here's the new journal (line 1883 onwards).

Thanks again.

Board footer