You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-01 00:02:26

xcabal

KDE plasma adding holidays besides united states

So long story short the company I work for has offices in Germany and Israel and sometimes I need to spend files to the people there so as not to send them during their respective holidays I tried to add both holidays to plasma's digital clock, I made sure that holidays checkbox is checked in the calendar tab, and in the holidays tab I selected United States (us en us), Germany (de de) and  Israel (il en us).

When I check the calendar of the digital clock, I only have present the US holidays and none of the others.

I'm a bit of lose as to how to rectify this, am I missing some option package, or is there some other setting for the others need to appear

Thanks

#2 2019-09-07 11:29:28

WSDMatty

Re: KDE plasma adding holidays besides united states

I followed what you said, (enabling holidays plugins, selecting those particular countries' holidays), and I am showing some non-US holidays in my calendar.

Did you install the full 'Plasma' group, or customize install with plasma-desktop + apps? Perhaps the calendar plugin are not included without the full group.

You could try switching to a different calendar widget. I use google calendar for most of my calender-ing, and I know there are calendar widgets that you can use to show google calendar events, Including non-US holidays.

#3 2019-09-07 14:59:20

xcabal

I installed the plasma-desktop but i didn't install the apps group, i just install the packages I need. I did install  korganizer and others that I thought would of fixed the issues, but no luck.

I not sure I follow what you mean by switch widgets, wouldn't they call just reference the same settings?

Can you go into more details on how you get google calendar to appear in plasma

#4 2019-09-08 11:23:03

Lone_Wolf

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=237159 and https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=374752 deal with a very similar issue.

searching for the file mentioned in the bugreport

$ pacman -Fs HolidaysConfig.qml
extra/plasma-workspace 5.16.5-1
    usr/lib/qt/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/holidays/HolidaysConfig.qml
$ 

Do you have plasma-workspace installed ?

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#5 2019-09-08 16:12:49

xcabal

I also found the mint forum you link when I was trying to solve this myself

Here is the output pacman -Fs HolidaysConfig.qml

extra/plasma-workspace 5.16.5-1
    usr/lib/qt/plugins/plasmacalendarplugins/holidays/HolidaysConfig.qml

I also verified that the file is really there

Board footer