You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-09 14:47:17

Vyre

Multiple Profiles for Bluetooth Headset? (w/ bluez5, alsa, pulse)

Hey Arch Linuxers!,

I've recently setup my bluetooth headset successfully on my Lenovo X250.  I can connect, and both audio (sink) and mic (source) work.  I have alsa, bluez5, and pulse audio.

My one issue is that, for the microphone to work I need to use the HSP/HFP profile.  This profile has terrible (mono) audio output quality.  I'm wondering, is it possible to use A2DP for the sink and HSP/HFP for the source?  In `pavucontrol` I can only select one or the other, so perhaps I need to go lower level.

I have enabled multiple profiles in `/etc/bluetooth/main.conf` like this:

```
# Enables Multi Profile Specification support. This allows to specify if
# system supports only Multiple Profiles Single Device (MPSD) configuration
# or both Multiple Profiles Single Device (MPSD) and Multiple Profiles Multiple
# Devices (MPMD) configurations.
# Possible values: "off", "single", "multiple"
MultiProfile = multiple

# Automatically connect both A2DP and HFP/HSP profiles for incoming
# connections. Some headsets that support both profiles will only connect the
# other one automatically so the default setting of true is usually a good
# idea.
AutoConnect=true
```

However, I'm not sure how to turn one profile on for the source and another for the sink.  `pacmd` might allow me to register profiles?  I'm just not sure how to properly enable multiple profiles and I'm hoping one of y'all can tell me how or at least if I'm trying to do the impossible.

Maybe my headphones do not support multiple profiles (they're Skullcandy Grind Wireless), but I'm not sure how to determine that.

#2 2019-09-09 15:04:03

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Multiple Profiles for Bluetooth Headset? (w/ bluez5, alsa, pulse)

Unlikely to be possible. What you can do is set up (should afaik be the default already) that it will automatically switch to HSP when a phone stream pops up and back to A2DP when that ends.

Board footer