You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-13 20:27:31

regid

Editing permission for the wiki is for extremely short interval

For the last couple of weeks, I am able to obtain editing permissions for the wiki pages only for an extremely short interval after successful login. I must repeatedly login after a short interval, even for a few characters worth of editing. I think it was started after my ISP started to put me behind its NAT server, although I am not sure if the two are tied together. It surely was not like that in the past.

Last edited by regid (2019-09-13 20:27:57)

powerofforreboot.efi (AUR): Utilities to be used from within a UEFI boot manager or shell.

#2 2019-09-13 21:55:37

Alad
Wiki Admin/IRC Op
Website

Re: Editing permission for the wiki is for extremely short interval

Try checking "Keep me logged in".

Mods are just community members who have the occasionally necessary option to move threads around and edit posts. -- Trilby

#3 2019-09-13 22:24:34

regid

I have checked "Keep me logged in". Cookies are allowed. It still logging me out rapidly.
It could be due to an old email address. On one hand, it states

This field should be left blank if you want to remove your email address. You will not be able to reset a forgotten password and will not receive emails from this wiki if the email address is removed.

On the other hand, it insists to have a valid email address. Am I wrong its insistence to have a valid email address doesn't comply with its statement to leave a blank email field?

powerofforreboot.efi (AUR): Utilities to be used from within a UEFI boot manager or shell.

#4 2019-09-14 06:23:44

lahwaacz
Wiki Admin

A confirmed email address is required for editing due to this option: https://git.archlinux.org/vhosts/wiki.a … g.php#n230

So the first statement is confusing (obviously designed only for Wikimedia sites), feel free to submit a bug report: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/

#5 2019-09-14 12:22:48

regid

Does what follows a reasonable bug report?

With settings as in https://git.archlinux.org/vhosts/wiki.a … g.php#n230, a user examining his Preferences/User profile/Email options is guided that

Email address is required. You can also choose to let others contact you by email through a link on your user or talk page. Your email address is not revealed when other users contact you

But when he clicks to Set an email address at that page, the surrounding text is

Complete this form to change your email address. If you would like to remove the association of any email address from your account, leave the new email address blank when submitting the form.
Current email address:
(Probably extracted from the site db)
New email address:
(To be filled by the user)
This field should be left blank if you want to remove your email address. You will not be able to reset a forgotten password and will not receive emails from this wiki if the email address is removed.

Can the user email left blank or not? Probably the guidance text for allowing a blank email address field should be conditioned on the site settings.

Last edited by regid (2019-09-14 12:25:32)

#6 2019-09-14 12:43:49

lahwaacz
Wiki Admin

Yes, that looks good to me.

#7 2019-09-14 20:38:31

regid

Board footer