You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-15 13:28:20

opscurus

Getting stuck on boot screen after upgrade to Ryzen 3000

After upgrading from a Ryzen 1800X to a 3900X, I can't get past the boot screen. I suspected Plymouth may have been causing issues or at the very least, preventing me from seeing where the issue was coming from, so I booted a live cd, performed a full upgrade with the hopes that there may have been updates to systemd or the Linux kernel that added support for the new hardware and disabled and uninstalled Plymouth while I was at it and removed the module from mkinitcpio. I also generated a new fstab to ensure the proper boot drive was being read. I use UEFI so I obviously had to reinstall GRUB2 in order to have the boot entry in my boot menu. I have multiple kernels installed (lts and mainline along with the standard kernel) and tried booting different ones to see if it was a bug in the standard kernel not present in lts or a driver that may be in mainline. After letting it sit for a couple minutes, which is much longer than it usually takes to boot as I have a SSD, I was finally greeted with GDM and logged in, however the desktop was very buggy and missing many features that made it impossible to use it properly. I have spent so much time tweaking it to my taste and would like to avoid a clean install if possible.

#2 2019-09-15 13:44:00

loqs

Re: Getting stuck on boot screen after upgrade to Ryzen 3000

Please post the journal for a boot with the issue.

Board footer