You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-18 19:11:55

PoLoMoTo

Visual Studio Code will not open external websites

When using the Live Share extension for example, you are required to sign in to start a collaboration session, this is supposed to open a link in a web browser for you to login with your Github or Microsoft account however I get a popup confirming I wanted to open the link as it is not a trusted domain but when I click 'Open Link' the popup closes and nothing else happens.  There is a notification in the bottom right that sign in is in progress but nothing else, the link is not opened.  Clicking the option to configure the trusted domains on the link popup causes a command palette menu to appear very briefly before it disappears without doing anything.  Manually configuring all domains to be trusted causes the popup to not show up when signing in but the link is still not opened.

Is there something I'm missing or is this a bug?

Arch, Gnome, and either the Microsoft binary or VSCodium both do the same thing, installed with Pamac.

#2 2019-09-19 11:47:23

Lone_Wolf

Re: Visual Studio Code will not open external websites

Sounds like it may be related to browser settings.

Can you access the shared stuff manually from the browser ?
Also try with another browser.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2019-09-19 16:46:30

PoLoMoTo

Huh, I reinstalled Gnome's web browser and it seems to work perfectly now.  It's weird though as Firefox is my default browser and the links in VSCode do actually open in Firefox.  I guess there is some weird dependency on the Gnome browser?  I guess I just have to leave it installed

#4 2019-09-20 09:56:14

Lone_Wolf

I think gnome browser "solved" it by pulling in gnome-keyring .

VS code in community depends on libsecret .

libsecret wrote:

Description:     Library for storing and retrieving passwords and other secrets

libsecret wrote:

dependencies
     gnome-keyring (optional) - key storage service, or use any other service implementing org.freedesktop.secrets

See https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GNOME/Keyring for details about gnome-keyring .

I suggest you try removing the gnome browser completely and install gnome-keyring explicitly.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#5 2019-09-21 00:10:23

PoLoMoTo

Well I uninstalled epiphany and VSCode is still opening links properly.  Gnome-keyring was also not removed when I uninstalled epiphany so I do think I already had it.  Weird.  Will report back if it breaks again, perhaps after a restart?

Board footer