You are not logged in.

#1 2019-09-26 03:53:31

surf.bluecrab

What softwares where used to make the Arch Linux website/wiki?

I was wondering which softwares where used to make the Arch Linux website/wiki?

I am planning on building a personal web site and I really like the simple and effectife Arch website with the tabs on top.  It runs on most system/browser, it is fast to load and is not overly bloated.  I have not made a site in many years so any recomendation would help.

#2 2019-09-26 03:57:30

ewaller
Administrator

Re: What softwares where used to make the Arch Linux website/wiki?

Forums are based upon FluxBB v1.5.11

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2019-09-26 04:00:18

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#4 2019-09-26 04:52:34

surf.bluecrab

Thank you very much, I will investigate those software. smile

#5 2019-09-26 12:08:06

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

All the criteria you mention have nothing to do with what software is used to make or serve the content.  Your criteria are (almost) all about the html content that is served.  There is no need to use fluxBB, mediawiki, django, or any of the other tools/frameworks to have tabs across the top of a web page.  This is done by writting the html and css that you want.  Serving static pages, which can include such tabs, will always be faster than dynamically generated pages using various frameworks.

Let your content inform your tool choice, not vice versa.  Are you going to have dynamic content?  Just how dynamic?  Forms that get continuous activity, or a blog that you only periodically make changes too?

Note that the server software is still relevant.  The arch website runs on nginx.  A couple years ago I switched from apache to nginx and have never looked back (except to wonder why it took so long to make the change in the first place).

Last edited by Trilby (2019-09-26 12:10:16)

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#6 2019-09-26 14:31:28

progandy

Even for static pages, there are tools available that help by separating content from the template. Use what you feel most comfortable with, I remember one such system was called hugo or something like that. ... I found this in my bookmarks: https://www.staticgen.com/

| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' |

#7 2020-01-16 07:19:59

surf.bluecrab

Just saw those two more comments, thanks guys for your inputs, currently trying hugo.

Board footer