You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-09 19:09:53

regid

echo "$pkgbase" | install -Dm644 /dev/stdin "$modulesdir/pkgbase"

1. As far as I can tell, the following two lines were recently added to the linux package PKGBUILD:

% grep --after-context=1 'Used by mkinitcpio to name the kernel' PKGBUILD
      # Used by mkinitcpio to name the kernel

Am I right there is, or planed to be, a related modification to mkinitcpio? Can you elaborate how mkinitcpio will be using "$modulesdir/pkgbase" to name the kernel?

2. EDIT: Following lines stroked off because I have just tested that and it is not the case. Please ignore paragraph #2.
    Not related to those two lines, but still another recent modification to the linux package PKGBUILD is the removal of the following two lines:

# ???
    mkdir "$builddir/.tmp_versions"

Can it be that "$builddir/.tmp_versions" is used when modifying .config, and rebuilding the kernel without modifying PKGBUILD?

Last edited by regid (2019-10-09 21:44:52)

powerofforreboot.efi (AUR): Utilities to be used from within a UEFI boot manager or shell.

#2 2019-10-10 07:24:58

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: echo "$pkgbase" | install -Dm644 /dev/stdin "$modulesdir/pkgbase"

In general you should read the package changelog as at least number 2 would be answered.

#3 2019-10-10 18:03:58

regid

Re: echo "$pkgbase" | install -Dm644 /dev/stdin "$modulesdir/pkgbase"

regid wrote:
  1. As far as I can tell, the following two lines were recently added to the linux package PKGBUILD:

% grep --after-context=1 'Used by mkinitcpio to name the kernel' PKGBUILD
      # Used by mkinitcpio to name the kernel

Am I right there is, or planed to be, a related modification to mkinitcpio? Can you elaborate how mkinitcpio will be using "$modulesdir/pkgbase" to name the kernel?

Is it related to 2016 closed https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/51818?amp;amp;pagenum=2? The discussion there has

Comment by John (graysky) - Saturday, 19 November 2016, 12:31 GMT wrote:

@heftig - I should have mentioned that the PKGBUILD will rename '99-linux.hook' to '99-${pkgbase}.hook' on the filesystem so no package can provide the same hook if there is a unique pkgbase defined (see lines 126-128 of the official PKGBUILD). I guess I answered my own question <<red face>>

Last edited by regid (2019-10-10 18:04:57)

powerofforreboot.efi (AUR): Utilities to be used from within a UEFI boot manager or shell.

Board footer