You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-18 17:20:40

davidinkent

Install Fails after Reboot - latest Iso

I have a computer with Ryzen 2200G CPU. I tried to make a fresh UEFI install onto a re-formatted SSD. I understand the new Base package and included Linux and Linux-firmware with pacstrap. After reboot as I start to login as root the screen starts rolling down throwing up line after line including various references to iwlwifi (which should be irrelevant since I've installed networkmanager and have a wired connection). I cannot log in, even after a Ctrl-Alt-F2 and soon the whole system just stops responding. I've tried various options with adding/removing Linux-firmware and amd-ucode and nothing helps.

I have installed Arch many times and I can install onto my Intel NUC without an error. This is clearly AMD-related. Has anybody had a similar occurrence and can offer help?

Re Mods comment: I didn't know I was a newbie having been using Arch Linux for over a year and having installed Arch many times. I actually successfully installed Arch using Zen Installer (latest iso), so the problem is somewhere in the pacstrap area. I installed base, base-devel, linux, linux-firmware, nano, vim. If I feel like trying it all over again, I'll gather the extra info.

Last edited by davidinkent (2019-10-18 18:04:14)

#2 2019-10-18 17:48:39

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

Re: Install Fails after Reboot - latest Iso

Firstly, please change your topic title to something that actually describes your issue: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … ow_to_post

Next, please post a journal from a failed boot. Use the liveCD and either chroot into the system, or use journalctl's --root flag to get the journal from the actual system, and a pastebin to upload them.

Mod note: Not an installation issue, moving to NC.

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

Board footer