You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-29 16:03:26

drac94

Bluetooth Headphones no longer being activated

My surface Bluetooth headphones just randomly stopped working. They pair and connect fine, and I can see them in pulsemixer, but they are stuck in 'off' state.

After unpair/repair with bluetoothctl I see this in journalctl:

Oct 29 09:56:10 spectrenix dbus-daemon[676]: [system] Rejected send message, 0 matched rules; type="method_return", s>
Oct 29 09:56:24 spectrenix bluetoothd[1100]: a2dp-source profile connect failed for F0:1D:BC:F6:88:1E: Device or reso>
Oct 29 09:56:24 spectrenix bluetoothd[1100]: Can't open input device: No such file or directory (2)
Oct 29 09:56:24 spectrenix bluetoothd[1100]: AVRCP: failed to init uinput for F0:1D:BC:F6:88:1E
Oct 29 09:56:27 spectrenix bluetoothd[1100]: /org/bluez/hci0/dev_F0_1D_BC_F6_88_1E/fd1: fd(54) ready

Things I've tried:

• Rebooting, killing pulse audio, etc

• Completely disconnecting/unpairing the headphones and repairing

• Headphones on a diff device (work fine on my phone)

• Reinstalling the pulse audio bluetooth package

• pactl load-module module-bluetooth-discover - results in "module already loaded"

#2 2019-11-13 22:33:29

SurlyCycler

Re: Bluetooth Headphones no longer being activated

hi Drac94.

what i did to resolve this was to go to aur and git clone the bluetooth-autoconnect package.
you can find it here

git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/bluetooth-autoconnect.git 

once you do that then remove your headset in NetworkManager

in the pinned comments in aur... there are some instructions on daemon in root and to add the user. Once that is set up reboot

then go to here https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=250338

you will need to do the following

$ bluetoothctl
remove <mac-id>    your mac address for the headset
exit
$ sudo systemctl restart bluetooth.service

$ bluetoothctl 
power on
scan on
pair <mac-id.
connect <mac-id>
trust <mac-id>
exit

by removing your old configuration it will wipe any old residual problems
you should be able to turn on and off your bluetooth at this point and it will reconnect automatically

Other Problems:
I discovered that when you turn your headset on at boot you will hear them connect.
however, when you login you will loose the connection. and it will give you grief again

if you restart bluetooth.service the "problem goes away" and the system will function as it is supposed to
ie you can turn on and off and on again your bluetooth headset and it will autoconnect correctly

I think what is needed if you have this last part of the puzzle is to write a #!bin/bash file to start  simply to restart bluetooth.service at login

Sorry i dont have a bin bash for you..... i have to relearn how to bin bash myself and what file to put it under'

Maybe another member can help with that.

Last edited by SurlyCycler (2019-11-17 23:17:07)

Board footer