You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-16 11:42:15

AlecMGiles
Member
Registered: 2019-11-16
Posts: 3

Sway with systemd-logind

Hello,

Did anyone successfully configure autologging and starting Sway without gdm/ldm but with systemd-logind and/or other pure systemd means?

The wiki points to adding "exec sway" in ~/.bash_profile. Getty solves the "autologin" problem but I'm looking for something cleaner (avoiding unnecessary console creation).

Offline

#2 2019-11-16 13:00:39

progandy
Member
Registered: 2012-05-17
Posts: 5,321

Re: Sway with systemd-logind

Hmm, you could try to build a systemd unit file like this.
https://gist.github.com/agboom/eaec2697 … 428d8c30c6

You should probably also add

 Environment=XDG_SESSION_TYPE=wayland

Edit: You might have to create a pam service name that allows login without a password for your username, but I'm not sure.

Last edited by progandy (2019-11-16 13:43:52)


| alias CUTF='LANG=en_XX.UTF-8@POSIX ' | alias ENGLISH='LANG=C.UTF-8 ' |

Offline

#3 2019-11-16 15:21:45

AlecMGiles
Member
Registered: 2019-11-16
Posts: 3

Re: Sway with systemd-logind

Thanks for reply progandy. This looks closer to what I had in mind.

I see in the gist comments that it's possible to run sway as a user service (--user) but I guess this still requires getty (so it's not possible to have automatic login + sway as user service + no getty)...

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB