You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-19 04:55:44

skinnysky
Member
Registered: 2019-11-19
Posts: 2

[SOLVED] Arch gets booted automatically after GRUB welcome message

I'm running Arch and Windows on UEFI with GRUB as my bootloader.
Previously I was able to select Windows or Arch Linux but suddenly Arch gets booted automatically after I power on.

I think it has something to do with me trying to enable hibernate through the steps on this page https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Po … _swap_file
But I backtracked through all those steps and reversed the changes I made in the /etc/default/grub file and the mkinitcpio.conf file and regenerated the grub.cfg file and the initramfs.
The Grub config even has entry for Windows.
I even reinstalled GRUB and created the cfg file with os-prober but still no luck.


I would really appreciate some help. This has been bothering me for a while (though I can boot Windows through the boot options).

Last edited by skinnysky (2019-11-19 07:45:56)

Offline

#2 2019-11-19 06:52:06

sothis6881
Member
Registered: 2019-06-28
Posts: 8

Re: [SOLVED] Arch gets booted automatically after GRUB welcome message

Out of curiosity, what's the timeout and timeout style of /etc/default/grub?

Offline

#3 2019-11-19 07:34:12

skinnysky
Member
Registered: 2019-11-19
Posts: 2

Re: [SOLVED] Arch gets booted automatically after GRUB welcome message

Thanks. This was it.
Don't know when I set it to 0 instead of 10.

Offline

#4 2019-11-19 15:52:22

sothis6881
Member
Registered: 2019-06-28
Posts: 8

Re: [SOLVED] Arch gets booted automatically after GRUB welcome message

Glad it was an easy fix!

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB