You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
I've got am error running a python script here: http://ix.io/22ii that imports imutils.
Heres the error when I run python3 file.py: http://ix.io/22ih.
Heres the error when I run python2 file.py: http://ix.io/22il.
I've then installed python-imutils git files from arch wiki found here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-imutils/ and https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python2-imutils/.
I was hoping this installs the module so its available when I run python3 file.py.
This is the makepkg build of python-imutils: http://ix.io/22im
and this is the makepkg build of python2-imutils: http://ix.io/22in
At this point I'm still getting the very first error (http://ix.io/22ii ). Why might python3 still not recognize the imutils module? What else do I need to consider here?
Offline
Offline
I've run the command: makepkg PKGBUILD. I assumed this also installed the module? This is what the PKGBUILD file contains: http://ix.io/22n0
Offline
No makepkg without options only builds a package. You would then use pacman -U to install the package produced by makepkg.
To have makepkg directly install the package after building see `man makepkg`
Edit:
Makepkg#Usage
Last edited by loqs (2019-11-20 19:42:46)
Offline
what do I run pacman -U on?
After running the PKGBUILD file I have a bunch of files and folders now that looks a bit like:
pkg/
src/
python-imutils-0.5.2-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
imutils-0.5.2.tar.gz
what stage does this put me in the process of installing?
Offline
Offline
Only because the link Slithery provided does not explicitly state it,
You can, at this point do:
sudo pacman -U python-imutils-0.5.2-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
You can tell the makepkg worked as it did create a pkg file. In this case *.pkg.tar.xz
Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
The shortest way to ruin a country is to give power to demagogues.— Dionysius of Halicarnassus
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way
Offline
Only because the link Slithery provided does not explicitly state it,
Yes it does, that's why I posted it ![]()
Offline
Pages: 1