You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-21 01:13:24

programzero
Member
Registered: 2019-08-16
Posts: 21

Constant Crashing with amd

Hello,

I currently use a Radeon 5700xt and a Ryzen 7 3700x. Lately, my system has been highly unstable and been getting stuck while use and it happens after like 10 minutes of use. Currently, I run the mesa-git with the linux-mainline kernel. Naturally, I downgraded from the items I thought that I upgraded from when I noticed the problem, but the problem was persistent.  I use i3-gaps and just listen to music while having a couple different windows open in my favorite chromium-based browser, brave (i even tried downgrading that too) when it fails. However, I can't seem to find the root cause of the issue. Some other symptoms is that the mouse stops moving, there is occasionally an audio loop, and the everything becomes unresponsive to the keyboard (including turning off or on caps etc.). Here is the journalctl -b -1(and it looks consistent with the other crashes as well). I have gone through multiple of them and I am completely lost. Any help is appreciated.  https://termbin.com/9rcg
Note: I am currently going to do some stress tests on memory and cpu to see if that is the issue. I dual boot with windows and that does not have a problem but this does which makes me doubt that. Thanks for any help.

Offline

#2 2019-11-21 20:40:47

Lone_Wolf
Administrator
From: Netherlands, Europe
Registered: 2005-10-04
Posts: 15,472

Re: Constant Crashing with amd

Nov 20 10:03:38 StandardModel kernel: DMI: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. X570 AORUS ELITE/X570 AORUS ELITE, BIOS F3 06/13/2019

Is that the latest avaialable efi/bios firmware for your motherboard ?


Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB