You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
Hi folks,
I'm looking to install archlinux on a Purism 13 v4 machine. I'm able to boot from USB and begin the install process but unfortunately, I rather quickly run into an issue with my wireless card. I'm not seeing any available interfaces
$ ls /sys/class/net
lo$ ip link
lo$ lspci -k
. . .
1:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)
Subsystem: Lite-On Communications Inc AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter
Kernel modules: ath9k, wl
. . .It seems to be missing the "Kernel driver in use:" line as expected per the Wireless Network Configuration Guide.
From "dmesg | grep firmware" I see that the ath3k firmware was loaded, but despite that the interface is unavailable for use.
Are there some obvious steps I'm missing someone can point me to? Based on Existing Linux Wireless drivers linked from the Wireless Network Configuration Guide it looks like the ath9k driver should be included.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Offline
What errors do you get (in dmesg) when modprobing ath9k ?
Offline
I don't see any messages from dmesg related to modprobe or ath9k. The command seems to hang indefinitely when running modprobe -v ath9k
$ modprobe -v ath9k
insmod /lib/modules/5.3.8-arch1-1/kernel/net/wireless/cfg80211.ko.xzOffline
Pages: 1