You are not logged in.
Pages: 1
I've followed the wiki https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fa … ad_laptops
When I try to start thinkfan it errors out and gives me the following:
thinkfan.service - simple and lightweight fan control program
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/thinkfan.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Drop-In: /etc/systemd/system/thinkfan.service.d
└─override.conf
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2019-11-22 06:20:05 MST; 15min ago
Process: 462 ExecStart=/usr/bin/thinkfan $THINKFAN_ARGS (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Nov 22 06:20:05 thinkarch systemd[1]: Starting simple and lightweight fan control program...
Nov 22 06:20:05 thinkarch systemd[1]: thinkfan.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILU>
Nov 22 06:20:05 thinkarch systemd[1]: thinkfan.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Nov 22 06:20:05 thinkarch systemd[1]: Failed to start simple and lightweight fan control program.
If someone could point me to the right direction I would appreciate it.
Offline
check the path on your /etc/thinkfan.conf is correct
/sys/devices/platform/coretemp.0/hwmon/hwmon*for me hwmon* number changes depending on which kernel i boot into.
Ancestoral Clan https://cirrus.freevar.com/mclean.html
Offline
So I did have the conf file in the correct location but do you mean to put that file into the hwmon* ?
Thank you for your help
Offline
do you mean to put that file into the hwmon* ?
No i mean to merely check the conf file and ensure the path is valid, mine is
hwmon /sys/devices/platform/coretemp.0/hwmon/hwmon4/temp2_inputon mine hwmon4 changes to hwmon2 depending on which kernel i use.
Ancestoral Clan https://cirrus.freevar.com/mclean.html
Offline
Oh okay yeah it is in the correct path. Yeah mine is hwmon4.
Offline
Pages: 1