You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-24 13:30:23

e-gloo
Member
Registered: 2019-11-24
Posts: 4

[Solved][Network] Connected to wifi with an IP address but no internet

Hi everyone!

I'm having a little problem for the last 2 days. As usual, I am connected to my wifi and have an IP address. However, I can't browse on internet, all pages are loading forever. I booted on Windows and it's perfectly working. Same for other devices connected to the wifi. Usually, I use NetworkManager, so I tried to switch to netctl but same problem, connected with an IP address but can't browse online.

Sorry for the poor quality but below's an image with the result of the ifconfig command.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3l4RT … sp=sharing

Thanks!

Last edited by e-gloo (2019-11-24 15:02:18)

Offline

#2 2019-11-24 14:10:34

Zod
Member
From: Hoosiertucky
Registered: 2019-03-10
Posts: 636

Re: [Solved][Network] Connected to wifi with an IP address but no internet

Post the results of...

ping archlinux.org

Offline

#3 2019-11-24 14:12:02

2ManyDogs
Forum Fellow
Registered: 2012-01-15
Posts: 4,648

Re: [Solved][Network] Connected to wifi with an IP address but no internet

Moving to Newbie Corner.

Offline

#4 2019-11-24 14:17:35

e-gloo
Member
Registered: 2019-11-24
Posts: 4

Re: [Solved][Network] Connected to wifi with an IP address but no internet

Zod wrote:

Post the results of...

ping archlinux.org

Temporary failure in name resolution

Offline

#5 2019-11-24 14:22:42

Lone_Wolf
Administrator
From: Netherlands, Europe
Registered: 2005-10-04
Posts: 15,472

Re: [Solved][Network] Connected to wifi with an IP address but no internet

Is the screenshot with ifconfig from windows ?
It indicates your DNS servers are 89.2.0.1 and 89.2.0.2 , try pinging them.

Also post the contents of /etc/resolv.conf .


Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

clean chroot building not flexible enough ?
Try clean chroot manager by graysky

Offline

#6 2019-11-24 14:27:25

e-gloo
Member
Registered: 2019-11-24
Posts: 4

Re: [Solved][Network] Connected to wifi with an IP address but no internet

e-gloo wrote:
Zod wrote:

Post the results of...

ping archlinux.org

Temporary failure in name resolution

No it's from my Arch linux.

The content of /etct/resolv.conf is:

nameserver 103.86.99.99
nameserver 103.86.99.96

I think it's the NordVPN DNS I was trying to configure a few days ago. I should try to put back to 89.2.0.1

Offline

#7 2019-11-24 15:01:28

e-gloo
Member
Registered: 2019-11-24
Posts: 4

Re: [Solved][Network] Connected to wifi with an IP address but no internet

Solved!

When I was following the NordVPN tutorial, I activated the killswitch, which blocks internet conection if I'm not connected to my VPN. So I needed to connect to my VPN to get access to internet.

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by e-gloo (2019-11-24 15:01:43)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB