You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-24 16:18:29

rockdie
Member
From: Athens
Registered: 2019-11-24
Posts: 16

[SOLVED] Razer Peripherals

Hi,
I have no knowledge about Linux, but I started do a course from Linux Foundation, and after some YT search I decided to go with Arch,  despite the difficulty many report.
I am very excited, because following ArchWiki step by step, I now have an operating system that works perfectly and I'm looking forward to studying more suggested features.
But I'm stuck with Razer Peripherals and especially I can't get a window for quickly switch between DPI Profiles such as gaming etc. (My mouse is a Deathadder 2013)

  • Actions I've done:

Sudo pacman -S razercfg
yay -S razergenie
  • Created xorg.conf

/etc/X11/xorg.conf 

 

 Section "InputDevice"
    Identifier  "Mouse"
    Driver  "mouse"
    Option  "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
 EndSection 
  • Restart

  • After Login in terminal

udevadm control --reload-rules
sudo systemctl start razerd
  • and

sudo systemctl enable razerd

Now, Whenever I try to run "Razer Configuration" from Applications list, a loading icon appears in task manager  and nothing happens. (I use plasma as Desktop Environment)
What I want to get is something like that https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fZ1kySny_6g/ … hadder.png

Mod Edit - Replaced oversized image with link.
CoC - Pasting pictures and code

Last edited by rockdie (2019-11-24 20:34:08)

Offline

#2 2019-11-24 20:33:00

rockdie
Member
From: Athens
Registered: 2019-11-24
Posts: 16

Re: [SOLVED] Razer Peripherals

I did an extra search and the solution was simpler than I expected.

  1. Install the openrazer-meta AUR

  2. Install a graphical front-end such as razergenie AUR

  3. Install linux-headers

  4. Last but not least: Use

    sudo gpasswd -a $USER plugdev

    to add user to plugdev group

Last edited by rockdie (2019-11-24 20:33:16)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB