You are not logged in.
I'll start like most posts saying that this is the first time I've tried to install Arch, and I managed to get everything working properly, except having a permanent static IP address. I need to change the IP, gateway and DNS addresses to get internet access.
I installed KDE's plasma-nm package, but when I try to set the new ipv4 address, the ip address I set won't be the ip used by the system and I just get no internet.
To work around this I'm using some commands I used on my installation process to get internet working :
echo 'nameserver 1.1.1.1' > /etc/resolv.conf
ip route add default via 192.168.1.1 dev enp34s0But those settings will go away each time I reboot the system. After searching some posts, someone suggested that dhcpcd.service was conflicting with network manager. After disabling the dhcpcd service, i still don't get internet even when saving the profile again on kde's network widget, and above's ip command won't work: "Error: Nexthop has invalid gateway."
systemctl list-unit-files --state=enabled
UNIT FILE STATE
autovt@.service enabled
dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service enabled
display-manager.service enabled
getty@.service enabled
NetworkManager-dispatcher.service enabled
NetworkManager-wait-online.service enabled
NetworkManager.service enabled
sddm.service enabled
remote-fs.target enabled
pamac-cleancache.timer enabled
10 unit files listed.On a probably unrelated note, whenever I remove network profiles I'm not using, i get a notification with: "Failed to remove (profilename)" "Error checking authorization: connection was deleted"
I'm sorry if this has been solved before, I tried to search on the wiki and googling but can't find any solution!
Last edited by Readek (2019-11-25 15:14:30)
Offline
pamac-cleancache.timer enabled 10 unit files listed.
Pamac isn’t Arch.
Eenie meenie, chili beanie, the spirits are about to speak -- Bullwinkle J. Moose
It's a big club...and you ain't in it -- George Carlin
Registered Linux user #149839
perl -e 'print$i=pack(c5,(41*2),sqrt(7056),(unpack(c,H)-2),oct(115),10); '
Offline
Like I said, I managed to get everything I wanted working but networking, and that included some AUR packages like pamac. Does that have anything to do with this problem? I had this issue before I even installed pamac or anything from the aur.
Offline
Hi
I have installed Arch Linux with Gnome desktop environment and I have the same problem with internet.
# systemctl list-unit-files --state=enabled
UNIT FILE STATE
autovt@.service enabled
dbus-org.freedesktop.network1.service enabled
dhcpcd.service enabled
display-manager.service enabled
gdm.service enabled
getty@.service enabled
systemd-networkd-wait-online.service enabled
systemd-networkd.service enabled
systemd-networkd.socket enabled
remote-fs.target enabled
10 unit files listed.
All time reboot Arch Linux the internet go away.
Could any user put here same suggestion about that problem?
Thank you in advance
Last edited by deusdara (2019-11-20 15:16:06)
Offline
Hi
I could fix my problem through that thread
How to switch from NetworkManager to systemd-networkd on Linux
Offline
@Readek
Post output of commands:
lspci -k
sudo journalctl -b@deusdara
Disable dhcpcd.service:
sudo systemctl disable dhcpcd.serviceand reboot. If than you don't have internet, start and enable systemd-resolved service:
sudo systemctl start systemd-resolved
sudo systemctl enable systemd-resolvedOffline
Hey, so turns out the problem got solved without me knowing it. After disabling dhcpcd and rebooting, its true that I didn't have internet, even when modifying the network profiles. What I didn't notice however, was that the connection wasn't actually connecting on boot, I just had to push the 'Connect' button on the network applet on the task bar, and that was it. I found it weird that I had to do that every time I rebooted, but there's an option to 'Connect automatically with priority' that does exactly that. Sorry for being noob!
But now, for some reason, internet seems to be more unstable, sometimes taking way longer to load pages, and sometimes instantly giving me 'unable to connect' errors when loading new pages. I can't watch streams without them lagging...
I also did run the journalctl command, and saw hundreds of 'invalid metadata' and 'No metadata file in the package' errors, don't know if I should be worried.
Last edited by Readek (2019-11-22 17:43:15)
Offline
The default speed was set to 100 Mbit/s. Changed it to 1000, now everything is worked as expected.
Offline
Please mark as [SOLVED] by editing the title in your initial post: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … ow_to_post (you might have to shorten a bit to fit the [SOLVED])
Offline