You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-26 01:27:23

lachlanmcnicol
Member
Registered: 2019-11-26
Posts: 1

PulseAudio won't start on boot

I'm running Xfce4 with the PulseAudio Panel Plugin. I can open my terminal and run pulseaudio and this panel will start working and I can change volume. However I have to run it in the terminal for it to work, it does not start on boot as I have read the DE is supposed to do automatically I tried running systemctl enable pulseaudio, systemctl enable pulseaudio.socket, systemctl --user enable pulseaudio.service, etc. but it always saya "Failed to connect to bus: No such file or directory". How do I get PulseAudio to run on boot? thanks.

Apologies for no code tags, I can't seem to find them on this Topic poster

Last edited by lachlanmcnicol (2019-11-26 01:31:08)

Offline

#2 2019-11-26 02:05:48

loqs
Member
Registered: 2014-03-06
Posts: 19,097

Re: PulseAudio won't start on boot

Welcome to the arch linux forums lachlanmcnicol.  code tags are covered in the BBCode link at the bottom of the post box.
What is the output of the following

systemctl status
printenv XDG_RUNTIME_DIR
stat /run/user/`id -u`

See the tip box from pastebin to post command outputs from the console.

Offline

#3 2019-11-26 10:56:23

V1del
Forum Moderator
Registered: 2012-10-16
Posts: 25,405

Re: PulseAudio won't start on boot

By which means are you starting xfce?

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB