You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-27 03:46:03

Douglas75

My Archlinux don't boot with EFI [SOLVED]

Hello i have a Asus laptop.  Actually I have Debian Buster with UEFI, the machine works fine.   I want install Arch Linux with 2019-10-31 image.  When I start the installation get the next message:  "Failed to open random seed file: write protected".  I ignore the message and i continue with installation.  When Arch Starts get the next message from DVD:  [FAILED] Failed to start Store a System Token in an EFI variable  See 'Systemctl status sistemd-boot-system-token.services' for details, i ignore the message and continue with installation.  I make the partitions, i mount the partitions, i install base system, etc,  I find it curious that the installer does not install NANO!, i must install it with pacman.  finally i write:  grub-install --target=x86_64-efi --efi-directory=/boot/efi --bootloader-id='Arch Linux' and don't have errors!  Then i write grub-mkconfig -o /boot/grub/grub.cfg and the instruction is success!!. 

Later i write mkinitcpio -p linux, this instruction get the next error:  Failed to load preset 'etc/mkinitcpio.d/linux.preset'  all previous i did with arch-chroot, i close arch-chroot and i umount partitions and finally i reboot the laptop.  The laptop start again but i get grub console, arch don't start.  I am frustrated and I can't find the solution even though I've read enough.  Help me Archlinux Masters!

Last edited by Douglas75 (2019-11-27 14:14:38)

#2 2019-11-27 04:17:23

jonno2002

Re: My Archlinux don't boot with EFI [SOLVED]

sounds like you didnt install a kernel, the arch installation has changed recently and the base package no longer installs a kernel,nano, and heaps of other things.

read this section of the install guide for more details: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/In … stallation

if your following a 3rd party guide thats why you have failed.

Last edited by jonno2002 (2019-11-27 04:18:43)

#3 2019-11-27 13:58:38

Douglas75

Thank you so much, when i installed the base package with pacstrap i didn't install the kernel!!!,  you were right.  I didn't know that the base package didn't install the kernel in the new installer.  Otherwise When I readed the guide too watch that it recommend install EFI partition system in /EFI OR /Boot, the options are exclusive.   I installed it in /boot and all OK.  I had lost several days with this.  SOLVED my friend!

Last edited by Douglas75 (2019-11-27 14:13:03)

#4 2019-11-27 14:12:06

2ManyDogs
Forum Moderator

Please remember to mark your thread [SOLVED] (edit the title of your first post).

How to Post

How to post. A sincere effort to use modest and proper language and grammar is a sign of respect toward the community.

Board footer