You are not logged in.

#1 2019-12-01 10:13:12

marknikky
Member
Registered: 2019-11-05
Posts: 10

Weird behavior when pressing volume up and down keys

I have a weird issue when pressing XF86AudioRaiseVolume and XF86AudioLowerVolume.

Checking on the xev when I press one of these buttons, usually it doesn't release.
Sometimes it releases after I press which is what it should be. But usually it doesn't release and stuck forever until I press any button to stop it.

I have Lenovo V130 laptop.

Thanks for your responses.

Offline

#2 2019-12-01 10:55:48

marknikky
Member
Registered: 2019-11-05
Posts: 10

Re: Weird behavior when pressing volume up and down keys

Another weird thing is that these key are F2 and F3 without Fn key pressed.

Checking on xev again these same keys doesn't stuck pressing. But that does not conclude Fn key is broken. Because Brightness up and down keys works very well.

I don't know what causes this either or related to this. If anyone can help me I will be appreciated.

Offline

#3 2019-12-01 14:53:32

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,171

Re: Weird behavior when pressing volume up and down keys

How does it behave on the kernel level with "sudo showkey" or "sudo libinput debug-events"?
Consider trying some live distro to rule out a HW problem (the 2-key combination can actually matter, though it's not likely)

Offline

#4 2019-12-08 18:17:05

marknikky
Member
Registered: 2019-11-05
Posts: 10

Re: Weird behavior when pressing volume up and down keys

Hi seth,
First of all thank you for your response. I tested keys with your commands. This is what happens.

I press the "Fn" key button and hold it which shows "keycode 143 press" in showkey command.
Afterwards I press "F3" key which is "XF86_AudioRaiseVolume" key. And release it.
It shows "keycode 115 press" when I press and "keycode 115 release" when I relase. Which is very normal.
But sometimes when I press and release I can't see the output  "keycode 115 release". It acts as I'm holding the key but I'm not.
This is also happening with "F2" which is "XF86_AudioLowerVolume" key. Which it's keycode is 114.

And sorry for the late repsond. I wasn't aware that someone replied.

Have a nice day.

Offline

#5 2019-12-09 20:44:14

seth
Member
From: Won't reply 2 private help req
Registered: 2012-09-03
Posts: 78,171

Re: Weird behavior when pressing volume up and down keys

So it's not on the X11 level, but kernel or HW - did you try a different (live) distro for the behavior and/or maybe the LTS kernel?
Another thing would be to test the behavior when you play w/ the Fn key, in particular how you release it in relation to the F2/F3 key release (eg. try to release it as well and as close to the F2/F3 key, either slightly before or after)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB