You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-27 12:27:32

art

Azure Cloud CLI

How to install Azure CLI on ArchLinux?
There is AUR package for it https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/python-azure-cli/. But it depends on many other packages. So I needed to do several times `git clone ...` and `makepkg -si` on those. Doing it just in script (`for package in $packages` etc.) so it is pretty messy process. Does anyone know how to properly install Azure CLI?
There is this manual, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cli/az … cli-latest. But it does not work with pacman as I see.

#2 2019-11-27 17:57:43

loqs

Re: Azure Cloud CLI

art wrote:

Does anyone know how to properly install Azure CLI?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by properly install?  Are you looking for a AUR helper?

#3 2019-11-28 13:53:53

art

Since it is not generally advised to use AUR I was looking for a package for Azure CLI.

I installed all dependents of python-azure-cli (AUR) manually (via my script). It works so far but have this error.

> Error loading command module 'acs'

#4 2019-11-28 16:38:33

loqs

art wrote:

Since it is not generally advised to use AUR

What is the source of this advise?

art wrote:

I was looking for a package for Azure CLI.

There is no such package in the official repositories and you rejected the PKGBUILD in AUR which would build such a package.
So I am a confused about what you were looking for.

art wrote:

I installed all dependents of python-azure-cli (AUR) manually (via my script). It works so far but have this error.

> Error loading command module 'acs'

You executed a script that downloads and executes another script that installs azure-cli in a python venv for your user but does not support arch linux.

#5 2019-11-30 10:15:29

art

loqs wrote:
art wrote:

Since it is not generally advised to use AUR

What is the source of this advise?

Well, I'm new to Arch Linux and read advice about installation from AUR at https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ar … g_packages. Build scripts there are "unofficial" (can contain malicious code) and it can not be easily updated with all others packages (`pacman -Syu`) so I guess it is somewhat discouraging to use AUR.

loqs wrote:
art wrote:

I was looking for a package for Azure CLI.

There is no such package in the official repositories and you rejected the PKGBUILD in AUR which would build such a package.
So I am a confused about what you were looking for.

Basically it is a package for Azure CLI for pacman. As I wrote it was my error to install those AUR dependencies in such a way. I'm going to try some AUR helper after cleaning up.

Thanks for your answers and attention! I guess this post is off topic.

#6 2019-11-30 13:35:38

Lone_Wolf

Basically it is a package for Azure CLI for pacman

Aur packages are build with makepkg, makepg is also used for building packages for official repos.
Aur packages are pacman packages.

What you seem to want is  an azure cli package in official repos.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#7 2019-12-02 10:53:49

art

I see. Didn't know about that makepkg used to build packages in official repository. So that blurs border between AUR and official repo. Then the most important thing is that official repo is used for the system update. But with AUR helpers that can also be done I think, so no real difference then except the voting. I raised issue at https://github.com/Azure/azure-cli/issues/11427. I will write there to close it then as I don't see the point for it. Will vote on AUR site. Thanks for commenting and your attention!

Board footer